Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with yesterday's 1964 release also came two VERY interresting new plugins made by Azimer : Both are audio plugins, one is labeled v0.30 and the other v0.30 revision 2 ! Talking to Azimer, I found out that the difference is that rev2 is based on a new audio codec, which doesn't really work with 100% of the games, while the other one is still based on the old one. That summons up the changes from the last version to the followings :<ul><li>Finished new Envelope Mixer for ABI 1 and ABI 3 (ABI 3 is still buggy)<br><li>Fixed bug that surfaced in v0.21. Many more roms shouldn't die on boot.<br><li>Added many hacks to be able to play RSP Audio in all roms I own (not reliable)<br><li>Added OldStyle v0.21 Audio option... This will make it the audio plugin less demanding<br><li>Added MP3 Audio (Buggy... I warned you!!!)</ul>Sounds like some cool features ! These updates push Azimer's audio plugin forward as the recommended one (though that can heavily change from system to system) - a recommended download for most N64 emus those days. To get all those SPU plugins, including the latest Azimer one, head over to the <a href="http://www.ngemu.com/n64/plugins.php?page=spu">N64 SPU plugins page</a> ! <br>And woah, what a surprise, when we're just at the topic, this is also a good chance to mention the interview I've done with Azimer recently :) It contains some interresting infos about his future plans and emulation in general, as you can see from this snipset :<ul><b>Bobbi : Ever thought about programming for another platform or planning to ?</b><BR><br>Oh definately. I've considered buying a DC just so I can work on a new platform. I also want to work on the NGC. I may get a chance to work on a WinCE based mobile pocketpc in a possible internship coming up soon. The company seemed very interested in my ability. That will be neat (new platform :) ) </ul>You can read the interview, along with several others (which I'll mention later on), in our articles section (right handed side) or directly by clicking <a href="http://www.ngemu.com/articles.php?action=view&rid=11">here</a>. Thanks again to Azimer for taking the time in his busy schedule for us !

1 - 1 of 1 Posts