Next Generation Emulation banner
161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
The heck... I've been out of touch lately then. I just barely realized he had been banned when the ban gets lifted :p

·
7,168 Posts
IMHO we should try to give the stars and cfos licenses prizes separate, otherwise this will keep on being delayed.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I cannot believe the stars have not been given out yet. Maybe for this year we should start creating the stars now so they will be ready for the competition in December.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts

Okay. Sorry guys. Been tired the last few days. Here's a revised version of the stars. I think that the rotating effect is pretty cool imo. There is one version with and one version without a shadow. If you all want, I can make a whole set based off of the colors in the star ranking thread.

·
7,168 Posts
Anyway I'd like to hear Kirby's comments on this , and about if he has gained access to upload images to the server?

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
The rotating star may be a bit distracting imo but they look awesome.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
as I mentioned before, if anyone can provide with temporary image hosting on their servers, I can make changes to the stars right now.

I do like the spinning stars idea....saves us from creating a whole new color group. Think you can make those 12x12 and in the color purple? (without the shadows)

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
kirby: once the stars are made let me know and i can probably get spdude to upload them to the forum. that way we wont need to offsite link them...

also, what were the star count/color for award winners last year? cant seem to remember

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Ok, I'll work on the other colors tonight. But yes, I can make them 12x12. Will the spinning stars be for everyone, or just for certain groups.

This is just a preview, I'll work on the real ones tonight.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Here are the stars that I was working on:

I used the color of the area where the stars go, as the background so it should look fine. I would have made them transparent, but jaggies make it look bad. I was also considering using a matte color just around the area where there is anti-aliasing, but it didn't look right for some reason. The outline around the stars didn't show as good:

To make custom colored stars with the PSD that I have uploaded, select the layer named "Color Mask (Double-click on the gray box to change color)". Double-click on the gray box to change the color of the star, obviously :p. Do the same thing with all of the other gray boxes that are above each star frame. Make sure that you make the RGB values the same for each one. Go to File>Save for Web & Devices... and then click on Save.

Here are the swatches that I used for the current stars that I have uploaded in case they need to be reproduced for some reason. The boxes above are the ones that are used in the spinning stars and the ones below were used with the non-moving ones.

The files are in the attachments.

·
7,168 Posts
Nice job, The Cloud of Smoke. I think keeping it as red as in the previous years will be the best. As soon as it is possible let's upload the selected color to the corresponding server and get this done.

161 - 180 of 216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.