Next Generation Emulation banner
201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
I'm gonna submit the list I have already....the people who I am missing info from....**** them :p

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
4 or so Valve games for a few top winners, where is the difficulty, truly ?
Gaming-related prizes do bring a plus that moral gratifications (as the 'honor' thing or satisfaction of having been picked) cannot hope to attain.

ps: dont forget me kirby, i sent mine twice.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Well, that is your very personal opinion, I see it the other way around. Anyway, that pertains to the discussion for next year's prizes, let's not jump ahead of ourselves and discuss such a thing before the one we are working gets wrapped up.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
a site of this stature has to have high standards. Heck, 5-6 games for toppest entries doesnt look offending (it'd also benefit the gaming clans, as not all have the same games as we do).
Who is going to pay for those Valve games if we did what you proposed?

G

·
I'm slightly confused here now ... do you want to establish new stars, or do you want to get stars for the award winners ... and which stars for whom?

If someone has the time (mine is limited, but I AM around regularly right now), please make a thread in admin/mod discussion with the exact ideas behind this and I'll have it included and finished to the forum in no time.

Thanks for the patience and the great work done here already.

G

·
Well, rotating stars seriously suck, as it makes reading a forum way harder.
The "normal" ones look real good though ... has anything been decided here?

BTW, if anyone wants to develop new buttons for the forum to match the layout, feel welcome :)

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
I think it would be great if we first decided which ones we are going to use for the award winners. Changing the entire start set can wait a little more so that we can plan it a little more throughfully. Though. Apparently, we have two things to decide for the award winners stars

1. rotating vs non rotating
2. color

--

my personal choice

1. Rotating
2. Red

Let's get this down ASAP

G

·
Rotating stars are not really an option, this would pretty much make the forum style suck ... for the color, I vote red as well.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
We have animated avatars and that doesn't distract away from reading on the forum. But static stars are the way to go then. I can make them into png if you guys want to use the still stars that I made.

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
quickie bump.
Just to confirm, were all top 3 people in each category given red stars ?

In other news, thank you Kirby for the lower ping ;P

Also, I'd like to ask for you guys' thoughts about the idea of a 'summer award' for some of the less formal categories (rather than a monthly 'sig battle'/'avatar cup')

201 - 216 of 216 Posts