Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alien vs Preadtor PC help needed

Alright, I bought this game 2 years ago, and I stopped playing because it was so hard for that I could only do the first level :mad: . Now Ive decided to give it another go.

Ahem...All Im humbly asking is some tips on how to play this game. I dont want to go to gamefaqs and use a guide to finish the game. I hate doing that. :angry:

·
Crasher of Castles
7,015 Posts
well AvP one was immensly hard, while AvP2 was not so much. i only played MP of AvP Gold though so i dont really have any single player tip.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Don't take the marine ;) Try the alien or Predator instead.

Being a marine was way too hard for me as well. I completed the game as an alien, and with the Predator I came pretty far as well.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
Don't take the marine ;) Try the alien or Predator instead.

Being a marine was way too hard for me as well. I completed the game as an alien, and with the Predator I came pretty far as well.
dooh that's ... bit lame, not challenging;)

as for gamefaqs... I'd go there and read just tips how to play, not the solution, and I'm sure there's sth like that in all tohse faqs :)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Hey, I was 14 back then :p

But like KanedA said, you might just want to read the hints instead of a complete walkthrough. Other than that: Practice makes perfect :heh:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well as any FPS goes in single player mode the key to success is simply cheap tactics. I have not played AvsP in a long time, but if I recall if you can do one of two things you should usually have the upper in most cases.

1) Always find a places where there is one way in and one way out, that means if you are in a room and there is only one way in, use that to weed off and bait a swarm of enemies.

2) Alternatively it works the same way if you have a very wide area destructive weapon (i.e. grenades) and chuck into the room and clean up the left overs.

3) Always play chase, in other words run from groups of enemies so that they follow you. In case of ambush or being surround, in that case you need some wits and makes sure you saved some heavy firepower for those situations

4) Conserve whenever possible any heavy hitting, wide area weapons, this will usually get you out of sticky situations as mentioned above.

Now I assume this would work with Marines and Predators, for Aliens, the tactics are a little different, but since I have not played it in a while, someone can give me a bit of info on how they play then I can attempt to formulate a strategy for it.

EDIT: As Cid says practicing helps, since you need a little bit of skill to pull off the above tactics.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
You should make good use of stealth tactics when using the Aliens. Also keep in mind that they can 'drain' health from human bodies when you've knocked them down. Watch out for fire. And IF you happen to catch fire, use the claw attack to get the fire out. IIRC that helped :)

When you are an alien the predators are hard to beat, try to study their tactics and make good use of your speed.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wow....playing as predator isnt as difficult as playing as a marine. Playing as an alien though....seems a bit confusing, especially with all the things you can do and the wierd vision.
Now as for those tips, I tried to apply them, but the aliens come at me to quickly!! Argh! And I use up most of my ammo. I kept thinking of the movie Aliens when One of the marines goes "Fire short controlled bursts!". :lol: Guess that didnt work for me either. Well as you guys say, practice makes perfect.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
822 Posts
For fast moving enemies, you will have to exploit their weakness as much as possible. In this case if Aliens do not like fire, I would suggest using things that are flammable. If there is nothing around, I would suggest to use explosive that detonate on impact instead of time based so that you can at least take them out with a radius.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts