Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've downloaded a really nice picture I would like to use as my avatar. I just cannot get the profile manager to take it! I have tried copy the image to: Paint, Real Player, and Microsoft Imaging. None of them will send the image to the profile manager properly. I get a meesage saying that it porforming an illeagal operation trying to put the image on there. What can I do?:mad: :confused:

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
here's a nice avatar you can use. :p :D

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
sorry....can't resist it, im a big football fan. :p this'll be the last, though. :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Ryos
Keiichi: :rockets: :smash:

Running gags aren't a good idea, you know.
I agree.

Anyway, at this moment my picture occupies. 155x150. I guess that's a problem huh?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe this will help

I re-read that meesage I got when I tried to put the picture on my avatar slot. It says "The uploaded file is not a valid JPG or GIF file." What does that mean, and how do I fix it?:confused:

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Yeah, it's too big and the wrong file type, which is why you have been unsuccessful uploading it. Decrease its size and change the file type to gif or (preferably) jpg with some program to use it.

2,209 Posts
What I would like is instead of uploading a avater on to the board when you use the website link to your avator, you can chose just to have a link to it, that way you could get larger sized avators with out puting them onto the board. I'd like that so I could get the second avator Neojag made for me on here.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
That isn't going to happen because we don't want larger avatars. Some of the avatars you see out there are way too large and make posts consequently take up more physical space. It doesn't matter if the avatars were hosted on another site or not.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks

As you can see, my new avatar is here. I was a little dissapointed with the clarity of the picture though.:)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
what is that? ;)
yeah, try attaching the original to a post. maybe someone with better photoshop skills can shrink it for you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I do still have the original image save on paint. Do you think I can convert it to a jpg file and paste that directly despite its size?:eyes:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts