Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ePSxe 2.0.5 on my PC since 11/11/2019. I downloaded it from the official website Welcome to the official ePSXe website

Ran fine all the time until now. I did not update it, it is the same file. Even still had the 11/11/2019 date modified timestamp. Now Avast deletes ePSXe exe calling it "malware". I just downloaded another copy from the official website and Avast deleted that one as well. I ended up having to add the ePSXe exe to the exception list.

I used Avast for years. This is the first time that Avast called it "malware"

Any anybody else with Avast experienced this?

·
Super Moderator
13,071 Posts
Avast has been data-harvesting trash unworthy of anyone's trust in the last few years, and AVG since more than a decade.

Emulators implement a lot of original research that tends to trigger warnings (ie, nocash always did as used his own packer routines iinm, a practice more commonly used by malware makers), so disregard unless notified otherwise by parties actually in the know. Virustotal result.

·
Registered
311 Posts
ignoring the two possible cases: (a) there is something on your machine that is infecting your epsxe binary and (b) avast just has a momentary problem in its virus signature database; ignoring both, then, there is no reason to be suspicious of the original epsxe executable.

however, it would be good to investigate your machine with another antivirus, such as Avira, which is also free, just to be on the safe side of the story.

avira show some ads eventually, tho.

cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
All the old people on the Internet like me, know that the only virus and malware is Avast, so if I were you I would unpack the fucking Avast and leave the Microsoft one or as I have it now: antivirus Microsoft Security Essential and Eset Online Scaner with periodic analysis and / or on demand when required.

Greetings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After using Avast for a while I have found that sometimes it has some problems with checking files and yes, I can download the software from the official website and it shows me viruses. Maybe, it does not mean that the files are safe if they are downloaded from the official website and Avast is really a powerful solution that works against enterprises and finds the ideally hidden viruses. But now I am using TotalAV and no problems. I've read the comparison of Avast and Total AV antivirus at Compare Key Features of Top 10 Antiviruses by Antivirus-Review.com and made the decision. Avast is also good but I've tried something new and now I am satisfied.

If you do not want to change antivirus and Avast and it is still the best antivirus for you so you can add such files to the exception list and antivirus will ignore them. As I remember such an option is available in Avast

·
Registered
3 Posts
Delete Avast. From my experience, it is not good anti-virus software. I used it both for PC and diPhone. After some tests, I found that it can't deal with such spy apps as realspyapps.com/iphone-spy-apps/ but it recognizes such tools as ePSXe as malware. I wonder how it works but it is better to be without antivirus than use Avast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts