Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I♥☣
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to burn a (S)VCD so that I could choose the CD audiotrack from the menu and the audio still would be compatible with audio players?

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
hmm...that'll be tough...you are quite limited for space (up to 700MB on most standard CD-Rs). You could do it I think but the CD audio will be taking up a LOT of space on the CD (since from what I know, you have to make separate tracks for audio and the other track being the Video).

·
I♥☣
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So how so I do that? The video that I want to include will occupy not more than 50% of the disk space. The rest of it will be audio data. An audio player could or could not ignore the video (MPEG2 stream), it has no importance. But it should recognize the audio track. A DVD player should perform both tracks (both video and audio).

Making a black MPEG1 file with a high quality sound that I want to include could be a solution. But then it would not be compatible with standard audio CD players.

BTW, is there any way to continue a data CD with a CD audio track? Nero always demands to insert a blank recordable CD and rejects an already used one.

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
In Nero, make a "Mixed Mode CD". This will allow you to have one Data track (with the correct directory structure for a video cd and the video file(s) are in the right dir), and you can have as many Audio Tracks you need (well, until you run out of space on the CD :p)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts