Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone play audio/music-tracks with Daemon tools?
No audio is playing from my Wipeout3 iso ... It plays fine running it from the cd!
Any suggestions?

thx, mik

·
Registered
171 Posts
From the Daemon Tools readme:
Mixed Mode and Audio CDs are supported but to hear sound you must have a WDM-compatible soundcard driver and enable "Digital CD Audio" for the PHANTOM CDROM.
I have no problems listening to cd music using Daemon Tools, and by the way, my isos are made w/ Padus DiscJuggler and i'm using XP!!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by mik
Can anyone play audio/music-tracks with Daemon tools?
No audio is playing from my Wipeout3 iso ... It plays fine running it from the cd!
Any suggestions?

thx, mik
Audio works fine here with daemon tools.
Hmm There has been a thread like this before.
May be lord_byron already solved your query.

Which emu you are running wipeout 3?If its epsxe try "run iso" option and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using Epsxe 1.4 (win2k) and tried the 'run iso' option - still not playing the tracks..

I have a SB Live 1024 which should be fully WDM-compatible. Also I can play regular audio/music-cd isos having no problems.. (using CDRwin to make the images).

Perhaps Daemon tools (v2.88) simply does not support Audio-track playback running psx-isos on epsxe.. ? or perhaps there some setting that I have missed..? or just another w2k special bug.. ?

/mik

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by mik
I'm using Epsxe 1.4 (win2k) and tried the 'run iso' option - still not playing the tracks..

I have a SB Live 1024 which should be fully WDM-compatible. Also I can play regular audio/music-cd isos having no problems.. (using CDRwin to make the images).

Perhaps Daemon tools (v2.88) simply does not support Audio-track playback running psx-isos on epsxe.. ? or perhaps there some setting that I have missed..? or just another w2k special bug.. ?

/mik
If run iso doesnt give audio then it must have to do something with the iso itself.Daemon tools have no troubles playing audio tracks.
I think problem may also be in the game itself.Try running other games and see what happens?

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
mik: What plugins are you using for CDrom? I hope you're using the internal one, because pete's (and the majority of them in win2k) don't play CDDA correctly and should be turned off.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by Fou-lu
mik: What plugins are you using for CDrom? I hope you're using the internal one, because pete's (and the majority of them in win2k) don't play CDDA correctly and should be turned off.
You're right about Pete's plugin, but I don't think that's the problem. He said he tried the "Load ISO" option, which I think that does not use the cdr plugin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A staight answer from mr. Aldo :)

I'm not sure what is meant by 'analog audio' - doesn't all cd's have digital audio?

Also, the Wipeout music-tracks plays fine when I open the iso-wave files (though daemon tools) in windows explorer! - how could this be?

In all cases, I will wait for Daemon tools 3.x if that's what it takes..

thx again.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
I think that this thread belongs to software discussions........since it is not related to epsxe and neither does it relate to emulation........!

Ali

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by Ali
I think that this thread belongs to software discussions........since it is not related to epsxe and neither does it relate to emulation........!
Since he's using Daemon Tools for ePSXe, it applies in the current forum. Barely, but it does.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Originally posted by mik
A staight answer from mr. Aldo :)

I'm not sure what is meant by 'analog audio' - doesn't all cd's have digital audio?

Also, the Wipeout music-tracks plays fine when I open the iso-wave files (though daemon tools) in windows explorer! - how could this be?

In all cases, I will wait for Daemon tools 3.x if that's what it takes..

thx again.

Turn on digital playback in your CDR's properties in the device manager (that's for Win2K but Win98 should have a similar option hidden somewhere, use TweakUI). It also makes the cable between CDR drive and soundcard unnecessary.

It's always a good idea to post your specs btw :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
'Digital CD audio' was already enabled in the properties for the d-tools Phantom drive, and yup, i'm also using the 'internal epsxe w2k cdr' driver in epsxe!

Ali, As my questions relates directly to a problem in ePSXe I do think this thead is entitled to this forum ;)

.. would still like to know if anyone else has experienced trouble playing back 'real' audio tracks running ISO games from inside EPSXE - and how it was solved ..

/mik

specs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hw: p3-933Mhz, 256mb ram, radeon vivo 64ddr, sb live 1024.
sw: w2k sp1, dx8, epsxe v1.4 (internal w2k cdr, petes openGL v1.52, Internal SPU or MIDAS v1.7), d-tools v2.88, aspi-layer v4.60 (1021), ePSXeCutor v1.0.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
51 Posts
The problem may be outdated (not WDM compatible) soundcard drivers. If that's the case the option to turn on Digital audio should be grayed out though.
I had the same thing happen with a Yamaha card.

·
Registered
99 Posts
To tell you the truth my friends i have the same prob as mik.

Actually i do now cause i installed win 2k and epsxe and daemon etc, latest drivers for everything (geforce 2 gts, maxi sound fortissimo) wdm drivers (win 2k) for the fortissimo and enabled digital cd audio in the phantom properties.
Everything worked kewl-made a tomb raider 2 iso with cdrwin 3.8f and epsxe ran the iso through damon tools 2.88 with full cd-da support ie it ran exactly as it does from the original cd.

Bout a month later i reinstalled win 2k with the exact same spec as above but cd-da tracks refused to play in epsxe when i used an iso mounted with daemon tools. Though its odd cause i can still play back cd-da tracks with daemon mounted iso's using windows cd-player, works flawlessly to.

I'm so pissed of because i've been trying everything to get cd-da tracks playing in epsxe with damon mounted iso's.
epsxe plays back cd-da tracks back fine when running from cd, just not daemon mounted iso's-well at least it used to :(:(:(

Could any one help me that is having/has had similar problems that i have??
Any help greatly appreciated ;)
Bobster.

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
I've had this problem before and, just like Nik said, you HAVE to use WDM drivers for your sound card...

It's on the Daemon Tools README.TXT...

"- Analog CD Audio functions do not work - they are emulated only. It means
you won't hear any sound from CD audio tracks. Try to enable the 'Digital
CD Audio' setting if you have a WDM-compatible soundcard driver (see 3.3 in
this manual. Analog CD Audio feature will be added soon."

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
The official Daemon Tools web site has been updated with the release of version 3.0 of this virtual CD-ROM program which allows you to run CD images directly from your hard disk. You can use .bin + cue images (CDRWin), ISO images, CloneCD images, BlindWrite images, DiscJuggler images, as well as MDS and NRG images. Check out the nice list of changes with this release!
· Full DVD support added (large 2048 ISO files are automatically mounted as DVD)
· Mounting of Nero (*.nrg) images is allowed if Nero IMAGEDRIVE is installed on system (thanks to ahead for permission)
· Added support for MDS format (used by FantomCD) to mount CD/DVD images
· Analog audio support for virtual drives added
· Added support for ISO images created by Easy CD Creator 5
· Name of DAEMON Tools virtual devices is now set to 'V386 STEALTH DVD' by default and can be changed by user to prevent 'blacklisting'
· Additional optimization of file I/O in Windows 9x systems. 'Disconnect' option in 'V386 STEALTH DVDROM' properties (in Windows Device Manager) can be turned off to activate alternative I/O method
· Not supported image formats are automatically mounted as ISO files (if possible)
· Fixed compatibility problems with some games in Windows 2000 (e.g. 'Age Of Sails 2')
· Removed 'driver not signed' warning message during DAEMON Tools installation in Windows XP
· Fixed blacklisting of DAEMON Tools in latest Securom ('Diablo 2 v1.09c')
· The commandline switches '-unmount' and '-mount' can now be used on the same image in one line
· Minor fixes
Download your copy over at the official site www.daemon-tools.org

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yep daemon 3 is da bomb :):):)

Now here's hoping the next version of epsxe will have the cd-da tracks playing correctly :)
actually it would be kewl if the internal iso loader would support redbook audio (cd-da tracks) so we could by-pass dameon tools for psx iso's and have epsxe run em at full speed :)

Yep me real happy!!
Cheers everybody :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts