Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just scoured the forums and found this question asked a number of times but could not for the life of me find an answer. Hopefully someone can help me!

I'm running PCSX Unibin 1.6 on a 2.2 GHz Intel MacBook with 4 GB RAM and Leopard. I'm playing an iso of Resident Evil 2 and have an issue with the speech. All of the dialogue cuts off after about 1/2 second. The FMV sequences work fine speech-wise, but every real-time conversation is totally broken.

I have all of the standard plugins set to their defaults, but I've tried messing a bit with the configuration of the plugins to no avail. Changing the speed of the XA audio in the P.E.Op.S. sound plugin, enabling SPU IRQ in the emulator itself instead of the sound plugin, messing with frameskip and hacks - none of it seems to work. Is this fixable or is there simply no hope for me to play this great game on my mac?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I've discovered that a lot of the threads on this issue over in the ePSXe subforum talk a lot about reading subchannel data. I can re-rip the ISO from my CD to allow subchannel data, but I don't know if this would help, because I don't see any options in the plugin configuration menu in PCSX 1.6 that allow for the reading of subchannel data.

Running the game from the CD is not an option - I just get a black screen and then PCSX crashes.

An added note - is there a CDR Mooby plugin for Mac past v1.1.6? I certainly can't find one and that might solve my problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts