Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a Ati Rage Pro 32MB compatible with ePSXe.

And what would be the best GPU plugin for it¿

Plz I need help before tomorrow 'bcuz I will receive it tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I guess you should go for Pete's D3D. it's quite good, and probably will be the fastest for your card. Read the documentation for help to configure it properly.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by Cygoku
Is a Ati Rage Pro 32MB compatible with ePSXe.

And what would be the best GPU plugin for it?

Plz I need help before tomorrow 'bcuz I will receive it tomorrow morning.
Since you have an AMD k6-2 500 mhz, Petes software pluggin should run the fastest.. Petes d3d pluggin should work fine too, but will be slow in some areas.. You can set the appropriate gpu options to lessen the slowness in certain areas..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I for sure thx to you two. As soon as it's gonna be tested, I give feedback. LOL stay tuned!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chrono Cross

With that new card, will I'll be abe to play Chrono Cross at nice speed¿

Using wich plugins btw¿

And what are the known bugs¿

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Re: Chrono Cross

Originally posted by Cygoku
With that new card, will I'll be abe to play Chrono Cross at nice speed¿

Using wich plugins btw¿

And what are the known bugs¿
Your graphics card should be good enough, but your cpu will be holding you back from getting perfect speed.. I use to have an amd k6-2 533 with a voodoo 3 3000 pci.. FF9 ran slow.. Too slow for my tastes.. WEll, the 3d battle scenes ran good enough, but 2d stuff just crawled unless I had frameskipping on.. Ugly..

But now I am nice and happy with my new self built computer.. Check my profile for it's specs..

·
Banned
7,778 Posts
NICE! A lot better than my computer. I built mine too.

ASUS CUSL2
Celeron 600 @ 801
128MB PC-133 CAS2
Sb live! Xgamer
Hercules 4000XT (Kyro)
8X DVD-ROM
40GB UDMA-100

Anyway, how is a radeon with ePSXe? I was thinking of moving to either a Geforce2, or a Radeon, because this Kyro really isn't cutting it, and I would prefer ATI to Nvidia. Anything special about it?

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by Ninja
Anyway, how is a radeon with ePSXe? I was thinking of moving to either a Geforce2, or a Radeon, because this Kyro really isn't cutting it, and I would prefer ATI to Nvidia. Anything special about it?
I wouldn't know.. Don't have a radeon.. Ask Psyke.. He has a Radeon and posted a bunch of pics with it.. Look in the screenshots section.. It seems to work great with epsxe.. I have a voodoo 5 5500 agp.. Why did you think I had a rage pro?

·
Banned
7,778 Posts
OOPS! It's really not my night. I wish I had a voodoo5 though. That would truly be my dream card. But they are too rare right now.

Anyway, I read the subject of this thread. That's where I got the Rage Pro idea from. Anyway, I finished my last exam today, and got my final mark in engineering 2000 back today. I got a D. I am thinking that I will pass everything, but my overall grade for this semester will be about a C. Not exactly a promising first year. So that explains why I am frazzled.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Too rare? There is a bunch of em on auction at ebay.. And you can find quite a few at www.pricewatch.com I do notice they seem to be getting more expensive.. Especially the pci version of the voodoo 5.. I am planning on getting a voodoo 5 pci so I can keep playing glide games when I get an Abit siluro Geforce3 ti 500... Geforce on agp, Voodoo 5 on pci.. Now that would be sweet..

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
hell yeah that would be sweet.. ! and coupled with huge ass monitors to boot! whoah!.. hehe

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
NICE! A lot better than my computer. I built mine too.

ASUS CUSL2
Celeron 600 @ 801
128MB PC-133 CAS2
Sb live! Xgamer
Hercules 4000XT (Kyro)
8X DVD-ROM
40GB UDMA-100

My Radeon 64ddr vivo runs all my games (pc/psx/n64/etc) @1280x1024 and looks great..
I got no complaints with it , no slowdowns/problems really....
Its worth getting 4 sure

·
ePSXe
444 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8

I wouldn't know.. Don't have a radeon.. Ask Psxyke.. He has a Radeon and posted a bunch of pics with it.. Look in the screenshots section.. It seems to work great with epsxe.. I have a voodoo 5 5500 agp.. Why did you think I had a rage pro?
The Radeon 7200 card works very well with ePSXe :)
One of the best examples of quality in image of this card, here:
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7785
Warning:
Many images of high quality :)

·
ePSXe
444 Posts
ePSXe works with Rage128pro
I also had a card ATI Rage128pro
And it was a nightmare for all the problems that I had with her :mad:
Avoid this card if it is possible

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
Too rare? There is a bunch of em on auction at ebay.. And you can find quite a few at www.pricewatch.com I do notice they seem to be getting more expensive.. Especially the pci version of the voodoo 5.. I am planning on getting a voodoo 5 pci so I can keep playing glide games when I get an Abit siluro Geforce3 ti 500... Geforce on agp, Voodoo 5 on pci.. Now that would be sweet..
I wish Nvidia would incorporate the Glide API into their videocards. I keep a Voodoo 2 around just for compatibility with old Glide games but it would be good if I could have one card that could do everything. I know Glide is obslete but it doesn't have to be. Plus I prefer the image quality of my Voodoo 2 to my GeForce 2. Nvidia could learn a thing or two from 3dfx's technology.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love my radeon. It is killer but that could just be a reflection of my computer. The only prob is the drivers arnt perfect for XP yet. Omega makes some nice ones though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the help guys. I am definately going with a Radeon. I have to get rid of this bloody Kyro.
Send me that Kyro via post mail dude!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts