Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.. id like to know wich one of these two cards is better..

GeForce MX 4000 (GeForce4 MX 440-8x)

or

ATI Radeon 7000

Both has 64mb of memory.. and im going to buy only one and id like to know wich one is better.. :thumb:

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
If you are looking for card that is atleast decent for gaming in nowadays standards, then avoid both of those cards like plague...
What you want from graphics card? Where you want to use it?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
AFAIK Radeon 7000 is renamed Radeon (or radeon 1 :) ), and IIRC Radeon DOES support hardware T&L.

*edit*...not that it would matter anything with atleast somewhat modern games anymore...

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Luizvb said:
Hi there.. id like to know wich one of these two cards is better..

GeForce MX 4000 (GeForce4 MX 440-8x)

or

ATI Radeon 7000

Both has 64mb of memory.. and im going to buy only one and id like to know wich one is better.. :thumb:
is there a reason to buy one of these 2?
a Geforce FX5200 or a Radeon 9200SE are extremely cheap and better than these cards

·
Registered
181 Posts
i had a Geforce 5200 FX in my PC and its not worth it, a GeForce4 MX 440 is better or if u want ati go with a radeon 9000 or higher.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Yeah, Radeon 9xxx is definetly wort of extra money. Good picture quality and helluva lot faster than those two crappy gfmx440 and radeon7000 cards.

Why you want to buy either of those two cards? Is there a reason?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well.. im already with GeForce MX 440 in my computer.. but i thinking about to change it to Radeon 7000.. cause some people told me that it is better.. its right or not ?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
But those cards are ooooooooold! If you want to play atleast somewhat modern games (released withing a 1 year), you need better card. Those cards you mentioned are complete piece of craps in gaming standards.

IF you are looking card for office computer that isnt used for gaming, then both cards are perfect. For gaming purposes, stay away and get atleast ATI Radeon 9600Pro, (above average speed. already getting old though) or if you can afford, Nvidia 6600GT. (very good speed for price. good for modern games)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that all these new cards are perfect and bla bla bla.. im not interested in buying other than those i mentioned.. im just asking about these two : GeForce MX 440 or ATI Radeon 7000.. it's for home use.. and i'll be not playing psx emu the whole day..

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Finally! You should have mentioned that in your first post, so now we can guide you to right card that fits in your needs. Yes, both of them are good for your needs, but if you want to use PSX Emu, Nvidia cards beats Radeon7000 clearly, thanks to radeons ****ty framebuffer support. Otherwise, i dunno which to pick. :dance:

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
If you have an MX 440 in your PC, a Radeon 7000 would be a major downgrade.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Oh yeah, now i remember. Somewhat equivalent to MX440 is Radeon 8500LE. The card which i currently have, for now...

·
Registered
181 Posts
dont go with the rad 7000, stick with the MX440, its better than a 5200 FX. i keep reading that an 8x verion of the MX440 has more power than the 8X verion of 5200FX.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the radeon is less compatible than the G-Force, but show better results,
why don´t save a little bit and buy a card better like the radeon 9700

i got a radeon 9200 and the cost of this one in my country is not much superior than the 64Mb videocards

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
if u are planning on upgrade going from a low card to a LOWER card is the worst u can do, save a little and buy any of the ATI 9xxx radeons or... there is no other thing to go for, my advice? dont ever get a nVIDIA 5200 card, the FX5200 is cheap, but the mx440 is better tahn that piece of crap -.-

edit: now that i read a little better the thread u said u dont mind on the other cards except for the ones u mentioned, well... the radeon 7000 is a shame of a card, ur current mx440 is better, and the 4000? its just a lower version of the mx440 (my favorite nVIDIA card ever, and yeah i know the numbers are higher but making a good set of games benchmark tells me the 4000 is lower) with 8xAGP support, that doesnt add too much for speed, my advice? save a little and get a better card tahn those u mentioned

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
MaZa said:
Oh yeah, now i remember. Somewhat equivalent to MX440 is Radeon 8500LE. The card which i currently have, for now...
The 8500LE is close to a low-end Geforce3.

Anyway, the 7000 is AFAIK inferior to a Geforce2, and therefore inferior to a Geforce4MX, so I don't recommend the trade.

[]s Badaro

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
8500 was about same speed with lowend GeForce 3. There was two versions of 8500LE, (one had 250 core and mem speed, another 235. Normal 8500 had 280, or something like that) and slower one was something about same speed with GF4MX440, and another was somewhere between that and lowend GF3. I have the slower one. :( But not for long. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts