Version 5.3 with ATI Control Panels (23MB)
Version 5.3 with CATALYST™ Control Center (29MB)*
* REQUIRES .NET Framework
to be installed first
What's new in this driver?
OVERDRIVE™ Version 4
The latest version of OVERDRIVE™ includes a new 3D test and extra safety checks to ensure the best over-clocking experience - allowing manual over-clocking of both engine and memory while keep the user's graphics card safe from any of the dangers usually associated with over-clocking.
The CATALYST™ Software Suite 5.3 introduces a new feature named eRecord. This feature is the first error logging system used by the ATI multimedia software. The eRecord feature provides a mechanism for software components to output error messages. A new System Messages (Event Viewer) menu has been added to the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER System Tray. This launches the Event Viewer, providing a mechanism for users to view the error messages.
Windows XP Media Center Edition Display Control Panel Extension
The CATALYST™ Software Suite 5.3 introduces enhanced capabilities of the display panel through a Windows Media Center Edition look-alike control panel. The control panel options include:
* Display devices. Provides the ability to select preferred display devices such as; TVs, LCDs, or Monitors
* Display options. A user controllable option for desktop color, brightness, contrast
OpenGL Version 2.0 Support
The CATALYST™ Software Suite introduces OpenGL Version 2.0 support. This version of OpenGL will be in line with the latest GL ARB approved specifications. New to this specification are GLSL, non-power-of-two-textures, separate stencil, multiple render targets, and point sprites.
What's fixed in this driver?
* 3DMark2001: A black screen is no longer displayed when launching 3DMark2001 after launching Aquamark3, when the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER is installed. Topic number 737-1140
* Code Creatures: Running the benchmark under Windows XP SP2 with an ATI RADEON™ 9250 installed, and the desktop display set to either 1600x1200, 1280x1024, or 1024x768 no longer results in the ground textures appearing corrupted. Topic number 737-10108
* Pacific Fighters: Playing the game after playing any track for a short period of time and having the landscape detail set to perfect no longer results in the clouds becoming blocking when flying. Topic number 737-209
* Thief Deadly Shadows: Setting the desktop display to 1024x768 32bpp and setting the Texture Preference to High Performance in the control panel no longer results in corruption being seen at the end of the introduction movie. Topic number 737-10109
* Attempting to apply a higher refresh rate to a non-DDC monitor no longer results in the refresh rate reverting to 60hz. Topic number 737-10101
* Accessing the Problem Report Wizard option from the ATI icon in the system tray no longer results in Problem Report Wizard not being translated in the supported localized languages. Topic number 737-341
* Entering the Video option found in the Graphic Setting tab of the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER no longer results in the side scroll bar being missing for the secondary display device connected to an ATI RADEON™ 9800 series under Windows XP. Topic number 737-347
* The Welcome tab found in the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER is now completely localized for the Japanese version of Windows XP, or 2000. Topic number 737-351
* Using the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER to access the Display Manager no longer results in corruption being seen on top of menu text in the Dutch, French, Spanish, and Portuguese versions of Windows XP. Topic number 737-353
* The TV formats now corresponds to the country selected in the TV properties. Topic number 737-1438
* Having a CRT and TV connected to the ATI RADEON™ X850 series no longer results in the TV image quality page not being grayed out when enable video mode is enabled. Topic number 737-1439
* Launching the Hotkey Manager found in the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER no longer results in the Hotkey Manager window not closing when hitting the ESC key. Topic number 737-10097
* Using the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER to access the Display Manager no longer results in corruption being seen on top of menu text in the Dutch, French, Spanish, and Portuguese versions of Windows XP
* Entering the Video option found in the Graphic Setting tab of the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER no longer results in the side scroll bar being missing for the secondary display device connected to an ATI RADEON™ 9800 series under Windows XP
* Creating a profile for clone or stretch mode and attempting to change to that mode from an extended desktop mode, no longer results in the task failing to complete. Topic number 737-10098
* The Windows desktop and Full-screen video options are no longer missing when clicking the back button found in the Video Wizard of the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER. Topic number 737-10098
* The CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER tool bar now displays correctly after applying a new skin and restarting the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER. Topic number737-10098
* Defining a custom view in the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER by deselecting the graphic adapter and applying the changes, no longer results in the Advanced view taking on the properties of the defined custom view. Topic number 737-10102
* The font size used in the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER for the Quicksilver and Steelblue skins have been readjusted in order to be seen clearer. Topic number 737-10103
* Enabling Temporal AA no longer results in a noticeable flicker on the display device. Topic number 737-10103
Have Fun, im waiting for a softmoded version