Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
Recently I got an used ATI Radeon 7500 AIW to play with, but image corruption (or is it called artifacts? play see screenshot) start to appear when I:
-use XP without install any drivers
-use 2k, displays fine without any driver installed. Corruption apears after I install driver and set res. over 640x480 and/or color over 16 colors (not bits).
I've tried both ATI drivers w/ and w/o control panel, as well as the Omega driver.
I'm guessing this card is at least 2-3 years old, and I obviously don't have an invoice. Would ATI fix something like this?
Thanks.

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Honesty I've seen companys replace a lot of stuff that are way over warenty, and the only thing I can really say is to try to get an RMA. My friend got his GF2 repaced when it was out of warrenty for like 3 years already, and it wasn't even his when it broke!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the advise I'll try that.

I was trying to flash the bios earlier using Atiflash. When I do "atiflash -i", at the place where it suppose to display the current bios version it says "no flash". And when I do "atiflash -t 0" it gives me error 0f0l2 (or something like that). Does that mean it's locked? I didn't go through with the flashing since I can't back up the old bios.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.