Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I just got Athlon 1.0 GHz and DFI AK75-EC from my brother.(He got XP unknown Hz)
So I quickly to replace my old one..........
I also format everything too.......
I update MB BIOS ,MB driver,VGA BIOS,VGA driver and DirectX to lastest version.
I test on many games.
On UT 800*600 32 bits FPS no any improve FPS still the same.
On ePSXe with GT2 640*480 32 bits nice setting a bit faster than old one.
RA2 1024*768 mode when I play with 7 bots it seem slow as old one...........
All I could overall said is I feel no any upgrade to 1.0 GHz yet :(
Anyone can help me ???

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
I think your G400 is the bottleneck of your computer in terms of gaming performance. However, you should have experienced a major improvement when using regular applications. It's normal for you to not have a big improvement over games fps, since this depend mostly on your video card. But if even regular programs are not affected by the upgrade, then I think you've got problems.

· Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Your videocard is holding you back in 3D games (UT, Quake 3, Epsxe) but for 2D games (RA2) it should show a great improvement. Still, I don't think RA2 is very optimized for the latest technologies (it loads and performs just as fast on my Celeron 500 as my Pentium 3 700). Maybe you can try running Starcraft or try encoding MP3s or encoding/watching divx movies. Compression (zip, rar, ace) should also task the processor a lot.

If you're planning to get a videocard upgrade I'd suggest a GeForce 2 MX 400, GeForce 2 GTS or a Radeon. Don't get a GeForce 3 or Radeon 8500, it'll be wasted on your system.

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Demigod79
Your videocard is holding you back in 3D games (UT, Quake 3, Epsxe) but for 2D games (RA2) it should show a great improvement. Still, I don't think RA2 is very optimized for the latest technologies (it loads and performs just as fast on my Celeron 500 as my Pentium 3 700). Maybe you can try running Starcraft or try encoding MP3s or encoding/watching divx movies. Compression (zip, rar, ace) should also task the processor a lot.

If you're planning to get a videocard upgrade I'd suggest a GeForce 2 MX 400, GeForce 2 GTS or a Radeon. Don't get a GeForce 3 or Radeon 8500, it'll be wasted on your system.
I don't get newGfx card soon.........
BTW if I get new Gfx card
In UT if I play with 32 bots or 16 bots
Will my system can handle this ???
And why I should not go for Ge3 or Raedon 8500 :confused:

· Registered
12,014 Posts
Enigma: Demigod's just saying that with the older CPU, newer cards wouldn't be nearly as effective because it's too slow. However, with the inevitable price cuts with the new GeForce, the price difference between a GeForce 2 and 3 might be negligible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.