Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASUS Radeon 7000 major slowdown problem

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  I-Chan 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I recently switched my graphic card from Voodoo3 3000 with 16MB of VRAM to ASUS Radeon 7000 with 64MB vram and supposed to be much newer.

Tried with multiple games such as Tekken 3 or Final Fantasy 9 which were working perfectly well before seem to be suffering from a general slowdown, before these were running at 50-60 fps and now are running at 15-20 fps.

I've been using Pete's D3D driver with my Epsxe 1.6.0 until now, I tried other graphic drivers but none helped. Any ideas as to how I can help this?

I have 512 megs of RAM on a P3 Celeron 500Mhz, and I repeat, I have had no speed problems until I changed my 5 year old graphic card to a newer one.

Thank you in advance.

DobaySoft

#2 ·
The Voodoos are far more capable at emulation than any ATi card before the 8500, and probably beat down that too. It's simply the way they are designed, because they can riun in thier native Glide mode.

#5 ·
Depending on whether or not it has an AGP 4X slot, any newer AGP 8X card will not work. AGP 8X cards require at least a 4X slot due to voltage requirements.

#7 ·
DobaySoft, please do not split your questions in multiple threads. I'll close this one, please keep the questions about this particular matter on that thread from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.