Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And finally, StarFox64!! I love this game :)
Used to play it a lot during the UltraHLE days...

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Works pretty well, although I get the occasional slowdowns.... heck, my system's at the minimum requirement... go figure :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
what kind of config you have inside pj64, i'm having problems getting anything good going with zelda64 (wanted to play that game for awhile)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing special... for the screenshots here, I basically downloaded PJ64, changed the resolution to 640x480, and play away... I didn't do any extra congifuration... what problems have you been having?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got a Voodoo 5 5500 running on a p3 933mhz, 512 mb ram box. I didn't think i'd have speed problems with n64 emus since my playstation emu works beautifuly. But thats just the newbie in me not understanding that all consols are different and the n64 is extremely difficult to code for.

I basically can't find the right plugin for my card, that gives me a good cross between quality and speed. Also should i be using a glide wrapper as I think that might be what started my problems.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well if you're on PJ64, I don't think you need a glide wrapper... after all, the plugin that came with PJ64 is a D3D plugin...

Besides, you got a Voodoo5 card... which natively supports glide... so you don't even need a glide wrapper. Try getting rid of it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got rid of it and it definately helps, also disabled chang blending mode if invalid for card seemed to really help for some reason. I have everything else enabled except frame buffer emulation as it seems to really slow down the system for some reason unless i choose BLACK option.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts