Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Interesting... I'm using Pete's CD driver (latest version, I believe), and I do get the illegal operation window. However, everything else seems operational... and I'm running FPSe on W98 btw, dunno if that makes a difference or not.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Okay,late again
:eek:

There is some plugin which enables fpse to play isos(I Find it on aldostools).But I use daemon tools coz it enables iso support to practically every emulator.

As far as drivers goes, try pete 1.3(works great for me).I didnt needed any other until now.

And kairi you try deleting that one to make sure fivefeet8 was absolutely right.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
well, The tsg mscdex 1.2 cd rom driver works pretty good for me.. Also Barret-Kazuya cd rom driver works ok.. But all computer systems are different (hardware and software).. What works good for me may not for you.. So the best thing to do would be to experiment with different cd rom pluggins, spu pluggins, and gpu pluggins to see which ones works best on your system.. You can still use petes cd rom pluggin even though there is the error window..

Just be sure you read all the documents that come with the emulator and pluggins.. There are a few good FAQS here on ngemu as well..

Welcome to ngemu.. :)

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
The newest version of petes cd rom pluggin is 1.7 I did try older versions of petes cd rom pluggin before and the same thing happened.. I had hoped that the new 1.7 had fixed it but most likely its a problem with how fpse uses petes cd rom pluggin as that doesn't happen with epsxe..

Daemon tools from Aldols turns your iso into a cd rom drive on your harddrive.. Thereby setting your iso as a drive with a designated drive letter.. ie F:

Then you can run that iso drive with fpse by configuring the cd rom pluggin to use that drive..

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Re: Question

Originally posted by Lady Nightshade
How do you incorporate Aldostools or Daemon into FPSE, may I ask? Is there a Pete version 1.3 out there still?
Daemon Tools basically creates a "virtual" CD-ROM drive on which you can mount ISO images (as opposed to inserting a real CD on a real CD-ROM drive), but to Windows (and all applications running in Windows), it looks like a regular CD-ROM drive.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Note

However if I select Pete's CD Driver, I no longer get that Sony logo and I was back to square one in which the FPSE shows up less than sec and closes.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Fivefeet8
Ya cd barett was the first one I used, now I remember.

Btw you have any comments about that theory of mine regarding newer pete cdrom plugins and windows ME? I am afraid I wont be able to use any of the newer and updated pete's cd plugins on my Windows ME.I saw in one of pete's posts that he isnt going to do anything about it.

Oh LadyNightshade I forgot to welcome you.

So Now I do.

Hi, welcome to NGEMU.

Here is a gift for you.A plugin that enables cd iso support in fpse.(Not sure whether it works or not,saw it on aldos site).I still will prefer daemon tools.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Did you configure which drive you are using in petes cd rom pluggin.. You have to configure petes cd rom pluggin to use the correct cd rom.. If you have done that then it's probably a software issue with your os.. If so then just use the other cd rom pluggins..

there are many options in petes cd rom pluggin.. Try tinkering with those.. I use the win9x option in petes cd rom pluggin since I run win98se.. You may need to use the win2k options in petes cd rom pluggin.. There are two options for win2k..

I remember pete saying that you don't need to use Force Aspi anymore for his cd rom pluggin if you are running Win2k and up.. Its suppose to have native win2k support now.. I can't really test that since I don't have win2k or above..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Thanks!

That's what I'm using Win ME. I used the Barrt CD, it kinda looks weird when I run it. The PSX logo is missing but the word Playstation is on there. Is it suppose to look like that? Oh yeah, is there an instruction for the file that you attached on the messageboard? I'm not sure if I need unzip it in a particularly directory of FPSE.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks!

It looks like the game is running finally. I think I'm going to have to play around the plugins again. The color doesn't look right. Thank you so much! I'm such a happy girl!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Drool!

Oh, Wise Ones (AKA Emulator Gods) *bows down to them* I just saw something! Ironically, an article about PSinex and Parasite Eve II caught my eye. The graphics look better than FPSE which I finally got it to work on my system but somehow it still looks purplish and the character seems to missing some bodily parts. Seeing this, I want to see PSinex would give me a better result. However, I am having some problems. What CD Driver exactly does the readme referring to? I install Pete's but I'm not getting any results. Does it also support Isos? I'm drooling.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Lady Nightshade,
No use installing psinex right now.That avaiable version doesnt have cd support.Wait for new version of psinex or may be adripsx.Pe-2 is really not worth playing right now I guess even on fpse.Fpse also have that mdec bug(i think thats purple color u talking about).Btw pe-2 runs on bleem too but it hangs a lot,body parts are stiill missing and sound is really bad.
And congrats on getting fpse to work finally.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Bleem!

Yeah I tried Parasite Eve 2 on bleem long time ago. It just locks up. That's why I came here for alternatives. Its sad that I own Playstation for just two games since there isn't a PC version, Parasite Eve (works fine with ePSXe) and Parasite Eve 2.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Btw you tried that cdiso.dll I gifted you ?It works or not?
You should be considering downloading daemon tools if you are facing problems with your isos(if you havent tried already)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Yeah!

I used the Iso Plugin for the FPSE. I feel the game is running slow and patches of the graphics were missing like the shoulders and it's pretty purplish. I thought it was my monitor until I tried different GPU. My Bleem Disc is in storage. I no longer use it since ePSXe plays the original Parasite Eve better than Bleem!

41 - 60 of 91 Posts