Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by kairi00
Just checking.... You do have the BIOS selected and configured in FPSEconfigurator right?

OH NO!!!

don't talk about BIOS, the admins are very touchy about that, and they can get you banned, it almost happens to me, but they only closed my thread (phew...)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by time killer

OH NO!!!

don't talk about BIOS, the admins are very touchy about that, and they can get you banned, it almost happens to me, but they only closed my thread (phew...)
AFAIK, as long as you don't ask where to find the BIOS, and as long as you don't give a link to where the BIOS is, it's okay. I mean, the truth is, FPSe and ePSXe requires the BIOS to run. And you are only entitled to own a BIOS file if you own a PSX unit.

I mean, sure, they're touchy (and for a good reason, I might add), but I'm sure the admins are also reasonable people. I don't think telling people that they *need* a BIOS file is crossing the line, but when you start teliing people *where* to find it, then it is crossing the line.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by time killer
you think so??:eyes:
reasonable? :evil:
respect my authority! :D

anyhow, honestly, troubleshooting often involves discussing bios issues. usually its just about compatability but we usually let a little more than that go. if you flagrantly beg/ask/give/link etc. then you are breaking a rule. discussing them isnt breaking a rule.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Re: Its There

Originally posted by Lady Nightshade
It's already there if that is what you're referring too.
Ah I should've elaborated... so the BIOS is already in the bios folder, and then configured under "HW settings" right? If so, I'm stumped myself.... the last time I ran into this problem, restarting my computer fixed it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yep

The file is already listed under Enable BIOS emulation (unchecked mark) and the file is listed selection box ( I tried two different files). I tried checking and unchecking Enable Console I/O. I still get the same results. Shows up for a sec and disappears. Do any body know what the problem is and how I can correct this?

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Urm, really strange :confused: .I faced similar problem in pcsx but deleting few plugins work there,may not work here I guess.

Ok the error message appears only when you select psemupro gpu plugins or is it in every selection you make ?

I hope lu zero will be able to help you if no one else can.

Btw can you write down the error message that appears in dos window when running the emulator(if there is any?)

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
The error window that everyone gets is because of petes cdrom pluggin.. I had the same problem, but after deleting petes cd rom pluggin from the psempro pluggin folder, it doesn't show up anymore.. Its not a biggie since you can still configure it.. I left all my other pluggins in there but just deleted petes cd rom pluggin..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Config

I'm getting it in the Sound, Driver, and Graphic Selection. Practically, every selection in which requires a Plugin from the Plugin/PSEmu directory. I even tried rebooting the machine.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
The error window that everyone gets is because of petes cdrom pluggin.. I had the same problem, but after deleting petes cd rom pluggin from the psempro pluggin folder, it doesn't show up anymore.. Its not a biggie since you can still configure it.. I left all my other pluggins in there but just deleted petes cd rom pluggin..
Which version of pete's cd rom plugin you talking about fivefeet8 ?I didnt faced any problems with 1.3 version.In fact this is the one I use .

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
No Error in the DOS mode

The window closes so quick, I didn't see a message in the DOS window since it closes automatically after a sec of execution of FPSE file.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Re: No Error in the DOS mode

Originally posted by Lady Nightshade
The window closes so quick, I didn't see a message in the DOS window since it closes automatically after a sec of execution of FPSE file.
Well fivefeet8 is an expert, so try deleting petes cd rom plugin.But I think its something else as you are not able to run the emulator in itself.

Btw Try using print screen to see whats the error message.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
L Nightshade,

The dos window doesn't stay long probably because you didn't configure the cd pluggin correctly.. You have to set a cd rom drive and choose the cd rom pluggin to use.. Thats what was happening to me too before I configured the cd rom pluggin correctly.. You cant use the NULL cd rom driver as that just doesn't use any cd rom..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yeah!

Okay. You were right about Pete CD Driver. I deleted it and now I got that Sony logo. I love you! :love: One question, does this emulator, FPSE, plays Iso. I just recently converted Parasite Eve 2 into a iso file so I can leave my PSX equipment at my parents place more likely it would get stolen if I take it to school. I forever in your debt. You don't know how much this means!!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Hey fivefeet8,
1.3 is the older version of pete's cd rom plugin .I didnt tried the newer plugin(1.7 I think) as it was said that it has something to do with aspi layer(windows me didnt needed that).

So there is a possibility that either she is not configuring it properly or may be using 1.7 version (She also have ME).Only a possibility,I am not much of an expert.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts