Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have no problems with ePSXe. It's probably the easiest to install. I read somewhere that in order to play Parasite Eve 2, I must use FPSE. Currently, I am having trouble installing it or configuring it. I have extracted some plugins into the Plugins Directory but I don't see them listed. I can't find an Installation readme for any guidance on how I may correct this problem. If this helps I am using:
1) AMD Athlon 1.2 Ghz
2) 256 RAM
3) Windows Millenium Edition (ME)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,776 Posts
Well, that is strange. I don't think that u'r PC is the problem. Make sure that the plugins aren't in any subdirectory in side the "Plugin" folder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Originally posted by Lady Nightshade
Ok, I have no problems with ePSXe. It's probably the easiest to install. I read somewhere that in order to play Parasite Eve 2, I must use FPSE. Currently, I am having trouble installing it or configuring it. I have extracted some plugins into the Plugins Directory but I don't see them listed. I can't find an Installation readme for any guidance on how I may correct this problem. If this helps I am using:
1) AMD Athlon 1.2 Ghz
2) 256 RAM
3) Windows Millenium Edition (ME)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
hey! welcome, are you a girl?, if so, why don't you pay a visit to "if yo are a female say AYE" thread, OK?

Nice to meet you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL

Yeah, I am a female. Yes it is in the Plugin Main Directory and not in the /Plugin/PSEMU Directory. I'm glad I'm not the only one female gamer/programmer out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Re: LOL

Originally posted by Lady Nightshade
Yeah, I am a female. Yes it is in the Plugin Main Directory and not in the /Plugin/PSEMU Directory. I'm glad I'm not the only one female gamer/programmer out there.
why don't you tell us about you?

my friend (takmadeus) is single and searching for a mate :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,776 Posts
Well and there are no other subdirectories?! Well i'm sorry but i can't help u there. Hope someone else does.


BTW, wellcome to the best forum, and enjoy your stay. I'm sure u will.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Enjoy your stay here :)

And as for your problem... as far as I know, the standard plugins that we have (GPU, Sound, etc etc) are all developed under the PSEmu standards... which means if you're using FPSe, they *have* to be in the /plugin/psemu directory. I believe FPSe supports 2 plugin standards: their own, and also PSEmu's plugin standards.

So basically the way I have it setup is:
Extract FPSe, leave all the standard plugins where they are. Now when you get Pete's Plugins, or Lewpy's or Pete's CDR plugin, etc etc, stuff them in the /plugin/psemu directory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL

I thought this was an emu forum not a dating service. I'll be in the All Ask Girls column if you got any questions. I'll be checking up this forum to see if anybody can resolve my problem FPSE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot another thing.... once you've stuffed the plugins in the /plugin/psemu folder, it doesn't immediately show up in the plugin drop down list.... you need to choose GPUPsEmu/SPUPSEmu ver 1.04 (or something), then click "Configure", and the plugin list should appear.

Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,442 Posts
I think kairi is right.You need to put the plugins in the psemupro subfolder under plugins folder.Once you put them there and then under configuration you select the psemupro plugins they should be listed there.
*edit*I didnt read kairi's 3 minute earlier post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Me Again

I clicked and select GPUPsEmu and press configure. Now I got a dialog box that saying it has caused an error. As a result, I clicked OK and it closed the program.
How can I correct this problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Ahh I get the same problem too. When you see the illegal operation window, ignore it and move it out of the way. You should be able to then see the regular configuration window. Once you finish configuration, make sure you save everything first before clicking "Close" to close the "illegal operation" window.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,442 Posts
Re: Me Again

Originally posted by Lady Nightshade
I clicked and select GPUPsEmu and press configure. Now I got a dialog box that saying it has caused an error. As a result, I clicked OK and it closed the program.
How can I correct this problem?
Try deleting some of the plugins.Put in only those which you are going to use.i.e. Pete's or Lewpy's for grafix.

*edit*hey kairi good work.You are minutes ahead of me.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Re: Re: Me Again

Originally posted by prafull

*edit*hey kairi good work.You are minutes ahead of me.:D
Hehe thanks. I got this figured out when trying to get FPSe to run DBZ Legends..... unfortunately nothing but VGS runs DBZ Legends... :( sigh.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What Should I Delete?

If deleting some plugins would avoid the dialog box, what should I delete since my PSEMU folder only contains Pete files?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Re: LOL

Originally posted by Lady Nightshade
I thought this was an emu forum not a dating service. I'll be in the All Ask Girls column if you got any questions. I'll be checking up this forum to see if anybody can resolve my problem FPSE.
maybe it can turn in it (don't worry, I'm married)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Re: What Should I Delete?

Originally posted by Lady Nightshade
If deleting some plugins would avoid the dialog box, what should I delete since my PSEMU folder only contains Pete files?
I don't think deleting plugins would prevent that dialog box from showing up.... since you said you only have Pete's files in there, I'm assuming you only have 3 DLLs (OpenGL, D3D, and Soft), plus some readme files right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Plugins

I just added Isori for sound recently because I read somewhere in the forum that it is recommended. And Pete's CD Driver. However when I clicked on exe file of FPSE it shows up briefly and closes out. What's with it? I never had so much problem with this emulator. Sorry I'm a beginner with this.
 
1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Top