Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be such a newbie, but although I know quite a bit about computers and video games both, PSX emulation is very new to me. The problem I am having involves FF9. Whenever I enter a battle,the system almost seems to hang, it moves so slow. It takes nearly a full minute to enter a battle. I am using Pete's OpenGL plugin, with GFX Card Buffer. If I change it to emulated VRAM and turn on FVP, it goes markedly faster, but there is still noticeable slowdown. Finally, if I turn it on black(no special effects), then that battle is entered quickly (although there is still some slowdown as the battle screen is rendered), but, obviously, I don''t get the effect of the spinning screen. I think my computer should be able to handle it, so I don't understand why I can't lick this problem. If anyone has any information it would be much appreciated. Thanks, TunnelArmr

TunnelArmr's system specs:

P4 1.7 GHz
340 Mb PC800 RDRAM
ATI Radeon VE 64Mb GFX card (supposedly a true GeForce 2)

If any other info is needed to help me fix this glitch just let me know.:confused:

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
The best way is to make an ISO of the disks. This copies the data of the disks onto your hard drive ('s what I did) and runs it from there, which is faster, but uses about 700ish MB of space per disk. I use CDRWIN at www.goldehawk.com. Use these settings:
diskimage/cue sheet, RAW; Ignore Error recovery, auto; jitter correction, auto; subcode analysis, read recount to 10... the rest leave alone..... It will make one bin file and one cue sheet(to burn the image onto a cdr).... Use epsxe "run iso" option and point it at the bin file.......
courtesy of "fivefeet8". Game speeds up like crazy. :cool: When finished, go to File, Run ISO and pick the one you made. :D Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts