Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Coming in at around 20gb and with some pretty basic PC options for graphics customization the game runs smoothly at 2560x1440. Lighting effects looks quite nice, soft lighting and shadows give a great deal to each scene and facial animation is not too bad. Movement is pretty smooth with running and climbing looking very tidy.

Each of these screenshots were taken with everything bumped as high as it could go, with AA set to normal. I haven't gotten very far yet, but it is a nice looking game, but these should give a bit of an idea of what the engine is currently doing.

More will come in time.

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This game is goofy as all hell, in the middle of a fight with mercenaries, passers by will casually continue on their journey, completely oblivious to the violence at hand. There's also a bug or two in the way actions are carried out. In the tutorial mission you need to get into the crows nest of the ship to finish the level, I climbed up the mast and made it there but nothing happened. So I had to climb all the way down again, climb up a very specific part of the mast before it would register.

I hope this isn't a recurring theme, but I'm enjoying the game. Boston is pretty cool to just walk around in and the voice acting is tremendous, full of class.

·
Irregular User
3,186 Posts

·
The one and only
3,658 Posts
Wish i could play this. Game is buggy as hell for me. Constants CTDs, save game corruption, and bugs everywhere regarding physics and NPCS.

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
There is going to be another major patch to the game soon which reportedly is going to fix a lot of things. Also if your running any overclocks on your 570, you could try dropping them back to the baseline standard for the 570, some users have been experiencing fixes with the adjustment. Then again who knows what some people do to their cards.

What configuration is this running on? CPU/GPU/RAM/etc, you know the deal.
i5-2500k at stock
MSI 560ti Twin Frozr II at stock
8gb Ripjaw X G-Skill DDR3 ram
306.whatever nvidia drivers.

Going to install the 310 beta drivers which apparently give a boost to performance. Unfortunately I don't have a 600 series nvidia card and can't see what TXAA does, so I have to settle with FXAA instead.

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The further through the game I go the more it plays out like a long ass tutorial. Still, starting to see the appeal for the series, despite it's flaws it really is a pretty fun, albeit goofy game.

Another batch of screenshots showing off various effects, the engine is starting to show what it can do now that the initial buggy levels are over and done with. I don't know what they've used for the animations, but they are pretty darn good, cinematics are put together nicely, although the facial animations aren't the best out there. After watching what was done for Halo 4 in terms of facial recognition other games aren't stacking up as well, but these are still fantastic by videogame standards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts