Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
a 480 - 550W brand name psu would suffice.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
Adding onto that, the Corsair VX550 is a good, decent (decent nothing, it's near top of the line in it's range), cheap (again, for it's quality level), and no frills PSU. Usually I recommend Corsair over PC Power & Cooling since they're cheaper, but at least at Newegg, now that I check things as of now, most equivalent models seem the same price, with the exception of the PC Power & Cooling 750W, which is a cheap $84.39 (The Corsair 750W is still $109.99). Sure, it's overkill, but considering the 550W PSU I just recommended is $86.19, well, you can see the obvious choice.

It actually seems PSU prices have stayed the same (or went up slightly) in the past year or so. The Corsair VX450 I got, for example, was ~$15 cheaper when I got it (I have the PC Power & Cooling 610 in my main PC, and have used the Corsair VX450 in another PC).

Really, almost any PSU from either brand 500W and up (450 possibly, but may be cutting it close considering headroom and future expansion) should be good.

Corsair PSUs

PC Power & Cooling PSUs

There's also other brands too, but I really like these two above most others in the less than $120 range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.