Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I use headphones, which is unpreferably most of the time, I like to process stereo audio to binaural or surround sound, anything related to the HRTF. The only way I know how to with emulators seems CPU inefficient, i.e. I have VBA-M: OpenAL >> Directsound: Virtual Audio Cable >> SaviHost running the VST Bauer binaural (bs2b) and the output being ASIO4ALL >> my soundcard >> my headphones.
That setup works fine mostly, but I'd like to run a VST aimed at making headphones sound more like speakers, such asWave Art's Panorama
. Sadly, in trying just that, I get audio glitches due to CPU overload (bs2b is very light on CPU usage apparently). While with fear that I'm ignorant and wrong on this matter, I imagine that VBA-M having ASIO output (thereof replacing directsound from my setup) could help somewhat?

Additionally, if this http://www.acourate.com/OperatingSystemsHandlingOfSampleRates.pdf isn't bollocks, ASIO will provide an (unnoticeable) improvement in sound quality. ??

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Not going to happen. Sorry, theres just no majority benefit in adding ASIO support to an emulator.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.