Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am one of big PCSX2 fans. I am studying Engineering and programming is one of my subjects. I am becoming 2nd year uni student so my programing experience must be so much less than PCSX2 team:agree:
However, what I want to say to PCSX2 team is that I really appreciate for their contribution to public. They could have just kept their project in their poket but THEY released several versions of PCSX2 that has brought us lots of ideas and hopes and fun. This is what I really want to thank PCSX2 team.
As one of future programmers, I understand how hard the project must be. The most complex program that i`ve written so far is just a mini game. This one gave me countless stress not just because it was assignment, but the mistake and error that occur during writing. Since PS2 is still remained as complex console ever, I wonder how PCSX2 team managed to analyse it.
Thanks to PCSX2 team for their contribution and I hope you guys will achieve what you`ve desired. :thumb:

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
SU-WRC said:
Hi all, I am one of big PCSX2 fans. I am studying Engineering and programming is one of my subjects. I am becoming 2nd year uni student so my programing experience must be so much less than PCSX2 team:agree:
However, what I want to say to PCSX2 team is that I really appreciate for their contribution to public. They could have just kept their project in their poket but THEY released several versions of PCSX2 that has brought us lots of ideas and hopes and fun. This is what I really want to thank PCSX2 team.
As one of future programmers, I understand how hard the project must be. The most complex program that i`ve written so far is just a mini game. This one gave me countless stress not just because it was assignment, but the mistake and error that occur during writing. Since PS2 is still remained as complex console ever, I wonder how PCSX2 team managed to analyse it.
Thanks to PCSX2 team for their contribution and I hope you guys will achieve what you`ve desired. :thumb:
Nice post. I know the devs like to have their egos patted when they see posts like this.:D As for how they do it, they manage from time to time to get technical docs on the system structre and architecture, but it's usually not very much, as Sony does everything it can to keep docs like that from getting leaked.:p Most is trial and error, and I believe a little reverse engineering off the games, but don't quote me on that.;)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
generalplot said:
Nice post. I know the devs like to have their egos patted when they see posts like this.:D As for how they do it, they manage from time to time to get technical docs on the system structre and architecture, but it's usually not very much, as Sony does everything it can to keep docs like that from getting leaked.:p Most is trial and error, and I believe a little reverse engineering off the games, but don't quote me on that.;)
I quoted you on that! They might've released it to the public to see what the bigger problems were/are...I dunno they got beta testers for that. I'm just the channel's comic relief. :agree:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.