Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok on my other computer i have a redeon9600 , and i have been getting artifacts in all my games, and i am not over clocking, anyone know what could be wrong?Damn little dots!

I use my other computer with my gforece6800, no artifacts....with over clocking..

thnx

Guyver

·
Registered
780 Posts
The only cause I can think of is overheating, which means that you need to most likely lower your mem clock speed about 10 mhz. I know that you say you haven't oc'ed it, but leaving it at its current speed certainly will not fix it. Also lowering the core clock a bit should make the card run a bit cooler, but I dont *think* the core is responsible for artifacts.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
seems just like heat problems, try underclocking it to see if the problems are still there, or maybe clean out your case to get some airflow in there

·
Registered
780 Posts
Its a possiblity you already tried this, but have you tried cleaning your card and as hushypushy said, your case, esp. any and all fans that are on it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i cleaned that back, but not inside so should i open ur up and take card out and clean it? and get the the ****e out?

ill do it this weekend

·
Registered
780 Posts
Guyver2K5 said:
i cleaned that back, but not inside so should i open ur up and take card out and clean it? and get the the ****e out?

ill do it this weekend
That would be a good idea. Also like Player-X said, make sure the fan on the card is working. I know that sounds kinda dumb, but its worth checking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts