Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to uninstall Windows Messenger? That bastard is driving me insane! Keeps starting up on its own even when its disabled via control panels, msconfig, and even startupcop!! I can't stop it!! :cry:

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
when u open in options/prefs theres a start this prog when windows starts box....u tried unticking that ?

If not Ive got a util called startupcpl and allthough I havent used it in xp it used to get rid of those anoyying things that start up when u dont want them too...i'll mail it if u cant find it yaself ...only 40k

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Originally posted by JAZ
when u open in options/prefs theres a start this prog when windows starts box....u tried unticking that ?

If not Ive got a util called startupcpl and allthough I havent used it in xp it used to get rid of those anoyying things that start up when u dont want them too...i'll mail it if u cant find it yaself ...only 40k
Or just run the msconfig program that comes with windows ;)

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
Or just run the msconfig program that comes with windows
He said MSCONFIG didnt get rid of it :) I suggested that little prog as you use it to disable or delete things that come back even when you disable them in MSCONFIG

·
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I mentioned before, MSCONFIG, STARTUPCOP and anywhere else it's mentioned doesn't help. I even went into REGEDIT with no luck :(.

K

·
0 Posts
Open C:\WINDOWS\inf\sysoc.inf and change msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7 to msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,7

Then use Add/Remove Windows Components to remove messenger.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Wormie
Open C:\WINDOWS\inf\sysoc.inf and change msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7 to msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,7

Then use Add/Remove Windows Components to remove messenger.
In other words, just remove the word "hide" from that line. :) But I think you need to keep both commas, like this:

msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,,7

[]s Badaro

·
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Wormie! It worked. You da Worm ;)

·
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Badaro
In other words, just remove the word "hide" from that line. :) But I think you need to keep both commas, like this:

msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,,7

[]s Badaro
BTW, this is true ;).

Nebuchadnezzar: I don't like just deleting stuff, which is why I asked. But if it worked for you . . . :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts