Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten x360ce working perfectly with Tomb Raider, DmC, and Dishonored now but I'm having an issue in Arkham Asylum where the game detects my emulated psx controller as an xbox 360 controller but on the left analog stick the up and down axes are inverted and on the right side the controls are rotated 90 degrees. When I press "y", the game senses "x", when I press "a" the game senses "b". Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh... i was using the gdb file but i guess it didn't work for some reason. and everywhere i looked guides said arkham asylum doesn't need a hook, which i thought meant i should leave it alone. thanks so much!

·
Maybe I'm a Lion
5,057 Posts
what xinput dll version is in the bottom right corner of x360ce.exe

x360ce is NOT working at all. You need to set HookCOM=1 or use gdb file.
Batman and TombRaider(2013) don't require hookmasking.

The 3 TombRaider games prior (Legends, Anniversary and Underworld) may however.

The issue with batman could be a bad controller layout

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I didn't think it required a hookmask (I did read a bunch of tutorials and so on before using x360ce), but it works perfectly now following tapeq's suggestion. I had to do nothing special to get TR working but DmC and Dishonored required that I disable the second controller in x360ce (I'm using a single controller on a 2-controller converter).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It just seems like TR was only taking controls from one controller by default, while for some reason Dishonored and DmC allow you to control the game with multiple controllers at the same time. Based on TR's preference for my controller by default I think my controller is being preferred (and besides, I have my controller plugged into the player 1 slot). No idea what was up with Batman.

I really ought to get an Xbox 360 controller at some point though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts