Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time! registering sure took a lot out of me! had to find a russian mail provider and...
nevermind that! THE TOPIC!
I recently formatted my PC.
before that,I had ePSXe installed and all games working perfectly (exept tales of destiny...more on that later)
I backed-up my settings before formatting...but now nothing works!
Xenogears locks up at the first battle scene,in the intro(where you see the burning village,then after that the "broken glass" affect Fei says something and...nothing happens! the music goes on,the robot hovers in the air,but nothing else happens!)
Megaman Legends 2 won't start at all,Breath of fire 3 freezes after the logo thing...the list goes on.
my question is-why? I didn't add/remove/replace any drivers since I formatted my computer and I had the WORKING settings backed-up!
why why why!?!!

P.S. I can't provide my PC/emu specs/settings now,as this isn't my PC...this is my Unc's PC. when I'll be at my PC I will update the post.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Jenia_San said:
I recently formatted my PC.
before that,I had ePSXe installed and all games working perfectly (exept tales of destiny...more on that later)

I backed-up my settings before formatting...but now nothing works!

my question is-why? I didn't add/remove/replace any drivers since I formatted my computer and I had the WORKING settings backed-up!
I believe that ePSXe plugins are registered to the registry and so you might have to reconfigure the plugins again...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks did that with P.E.ops graphic plugin and SPU eternal sound plugin...
no change.
the games still act bizzarly...
:cuss2: *blames fate* :cuss2:

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Do you play from cd or iso? Post that specs and plugins settings, please.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh,yeah! thanks for reminding me.
well some are from CD's (like breath of fire) and some are ISO's (like Xenogears).
now,PC specs...where are they...oh yeah! here:
PC:Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.4 GHz 256 MB's of RAM
3D:Nvidia Gforce MX 440

OK! now Video card settings...damn bluetooth...
Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.16
Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]
Stretch mode: 0
Dither mode: 0

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: 80

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: off [00000001]

There!
what did I forget?
oh yeah,the BIOS!
it's the most reccomended PAL thing...what was the number?
ohh yeah! scph7502.bin

anything else I forgot(hope not)?

ohh well,nothing left to do but wait for a reply...
I'll do some schoolwork in the meantime!
*disappears with his too-much-typing self*

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
It's a pretty weird behavior. First, disable frame skipping and leave frame limit at 50 (pal games) or 60 (NTSC games). You could try pete's ogl 1.75, as it's been said, but there's nothing wrong with peops itself. Your pc is more than able to handle it. Are you overclocking your pc?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha,thanks for the advice and all,but for some reason,the moment I switched BIOS to scph1001 it all started working perfectly :evil:

also,I'm not sure what yyou mean by overclocking my PC,but I like my frame skipping at 80-70 cos' otherwise games are just too slow for my blastering self.

Thanks again for your support :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts