Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first thread ... (but not my first posting) ... I need help with game saves in FF8 ... i've searched hi and lo in previous posts but cant seem to find this particular error ...

I cant save, in game... I've read some posts about saving the game state but there's no explaination of how to ... Have gotten the vid and sound great ... but i cant save ... :???: :eyemove:

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
what about memcard? is it 'inserted' and formated? also -> F3 - save; F5 - load save.
do you have any errors or something? also in FF8 you can save only when you are in the save point, don't know what to write more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are no errors... just that when i go into the game and try to load from one of the memcards, it says "no save data". I've formatted the memcards, and copied other peoples saves into them ... but nada ... What is 'inserting' memcard? / How do i do that? ... F3 and F5 ... are they for in-game saving or savestate?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
f3 and f5 - savestate

'inserting' memcard - in ePSXe - choosing memcard from menu

try at www.gamefaqs.com if their memcards work

also does the 'other people' have the same version of the game? 'couse it's important (different region combo aka - ntsc game and pal memcard won't work)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using Pal (uk) version ... and i guess some of the other saves are probably ntsc ... tho the save that i made in-game doesnt wanna load ... i'll try the F3 save ... n see if that works...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've been using F3 ... and the pop-up window is only showing *LoadState Done! ... if i reload now and press F5 ... will it load up where i left it?

Oops sorry :)

What about getting the memcard to work???

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
yes it bring you 'back' to the moment you've pressed f3 :)

BTW. Don't double post use the edit button

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AH HA! ... the memcard is now working ... i guess i need to press F3 before saving? ... or turn off isq-thingy ?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
demigod29 said:
AH HA! ... the memcard is now working ... i guess i need to press F3 before saving? ... or turn off isq-thingy ?

if you are using f3... it's not quite memcard, it's savestate...

what's the isq-thingy? :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SIO irq ... it seems to make a difference to some game play (although i've only just left balamb on the fire cavern quest) ... 1st save loads ... now gonna check the 2nd ...

I tried F5 to load the previous savestate but nothing happened... but when initial screen came up to load saved files from the memcards - the first one is full but contains no data - the 2nd has saves from balamb garden ... my saves ...

Pressing F3 then saving the game (in-game save) ... works ... the F5 function doesnt seem to work...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but in my version 'Save State' is F1 and 'Load State' is F3 (And you can use F2 to switch between the five possible savestates, a little preview picture appears in the top right).

I might have changed some setting somewhere so this could be completely useless to you, but maybe try those buttons and see if they work for you? F1 to save a savestate, F2 to change savestate slot, F3 to load savestate.

As for getting your memcards to work, I have no idea, I'm a newbie ^_^ I have heard about memcard editors though, maybe that'd let you convert the saves you have to the right region... This is the first google result for 'PSX memory card editor': http://moberg-dybdal.dk/psxge/ , it seems to have 'Convert to...' options for NA, EU and JP soo...

Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
On the subject of memcard mods ... i'v played FF8 (and FF7, 9 & 10) to death... Tho it's nice re-visiting some old games ... i'd like to "enhance" some aspects of my characters abilities ... ie, cheat ... any ideas?

Also ... :hdbash: ... i've made an iso copy of the game ... but i dont know how to use that instead of accessing the cdr ... (gonna check other threads, too)

And ... ... ... i found out that F1 and F3 are the right keys to use ... a little box appears in the top right hand corner showing the save states i can use / save & load to / from... Way Kewl !!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
sorry... my mistake :( I described this method for another emu :hdbash: dunno why

as for cheats use PEC :)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
There are two ways to run an iso:
1) 1 - Use File -> Run ISO.
2) 2 - Load it into a virtual drive (alcohol 120% and daemon tools can make one for you, the later is free), and then run it as a CD.
To make the ISO's, i suggest you to use CloneCD or Alcohol120%.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ok ... i've made the iso ... install Daemon tools ... mounted the .img file ... run epsxe ... and nothing happens...

[i used cloneCD, it didnt make an ISO file ... the main file is FF8 ISO 1.img 698mB]

[espxe begins loading ... but freezes on *spu open...]

also, which emulation do i choose in Daemon Tools, and/or why isnt it working?

[im using [pec] for cheats ... but they dont seem to wanna load ... i'm using the [pec] gpu and the right config for the gpu (tested it) ... but nada]

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
did you choose the right cd rom (virtuall in that case) in cd plug settings?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
ok ... for some reason ... using Daemon tools ... it's detecting an NTSC version ... and i'm running UK PAL verson ... suggestions?

I tried reverting back to the CD ... and it works fine ... there's sumthin up with Daemon detecting an NTSC version ...

Ok ... fixed ... i know what i did wrong ... i tried the 'copy protected pc game' under clone cd ... and now it works ok ...

altho the cheats still wont work ...

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
do you have installed Force ASPI (R U using win2000/XP)?? 'couse sometimes it happends :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts