Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hehe!...uuuhmmmm....I was just curious that whether some new commercial emus are coming or not, any news, any infos......any thing like that.........!

Ali

·
邪魔ゎ指せない
26,303 Posts
Not likely to happen considering the financial flops that Bleem! and CVGS were. Companies would be afraid to commit to such an enterprise

·
gone postal
1,569 Posts
some1 told me that Sony was making a PS2 emulator. I didn't even bother to ask him where he found that, I just laughed at him :D I asked what he thought they were gonna run it on, dual Clawhammers or dual Sledgehammers¿

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
Why would you pay for a commercial emulator? Most likely the free one would be better and the free ones get more updates, plus, the free ones are FREE!!!

·
邪魔ゎ指せない
26,303 Posts
If I had money, I would contribute some to the free emulation scene, but I'm broke as usual :(

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah, epsxe is great! As a one-time user of both Bleem and VGS, I can say that epsxe blows the socks off of both, and it's free! So yeah, I've basically forgetten about the commercial emu scene.

·
gone postal
1,569 Posts
Originally posted by Esturk17
Why would anyone think Sony would make a PS2 emu? That'd just be stupid.:D
well, saying that this kid is stupid is quite possibly the understatement of the year.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
> well, saying that this kid is stupid is quite possibly the understatement of the year.

dont you think you guys are being a bit cruel at the moment, it was after all, just a question

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Oh my goodness! What I said was that It would be stupid of Sony to make a PS2 emu! Geez! Lighten Up a bit!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Haha, plus the fact that you have to already HAVE a console to mod it. Yeah, the existence of quality emu's definitely increases piracy.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmm.... people have started to prefer consoles over emulators.....!

Ali

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Originally posted by Esturk17
Why would anyone think Sony would make a PS2 emu? That'd just be stupid.:D
Actually that's just some test that was made to show off the power of the latest mac processor, it ran with the half of the speed and no sound. It was made by sony to apple by request.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Ali
Hmmm.... people have started to prefer consoles over emulators.....!

Ali
what is the world coming too? ;)

I think to make lotsa $$$ porting games to pc would be smarter than an emu....and ports generally dont sell well...but that's because they're often rushed and because of that have a bad name, even if they're actually good.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts