Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are You Ready For Tekken 7?

Eurogamer Portugal, attending a press event in Spain earlier this week, reckon Namco Bandai's Katsuhiro Harada revealed that his team is already at work on Tekken 7.

While this seems like more a pre-E3 slip of the tongue than a genuine product reveal, it's hardly the stuff of night terrors. A seventh Tekken game? Why not, people bought the last six.

The one thing he added was that it was in the early stages of development, so if you don't end up seeing the fighter at E3 next month - or only see it in trailer form - that'll be why.
Used to be a big fan of this franchise, but I passed over Tekken 4, 5 and 6

I am not likely to go back to it with the announcement of a Tekken 7 but I am sure Tekken still has its many fans

Anyway, whats your thoughts? Will you buy Tekken 7?

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
I found Tekken 6 to be a mess, juggles were cheap, fighters ending movies were very unnessesary/painfully short, as per usual the story is virtually the same as the others with no resolution, visuals were sub-par at best, the end boss is cheaper than cheapy mc cheap on his first date, the scenario campaign was mediocre, the animations are painfully old, character models looked waxy and could use an overhaul.

Only real highlight for me was the redesign for Yoshimitsu who looked absolutely stunning.

If they want to make scenario mode worthwile they need to make it akin to the old side scroller beat em ups like Final Fight, introduce some proper backdrops, adjust the controls for movement by making them more free flowing (like final fight), update the movements of the older characters that look rather stiff, fix the waxy looking fighter models and bring some conclusion to some of the more mainstream story arcs.

Then I *might* be interested in Tekken 7.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
^Agreed!

I actually think I would have interest in trying out a Tekken Tag 2, the first was quite good and made Tekken 4 feel empty to me which is what lead to me losing interest in the series

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
I found Tekken 6 to be a mess, juggles were cheap, fighters ending movies were very unnessesary/painfully short, as per usual the story is virtually the same as the others with no resolution, visuals were sub-par at best, the end boss is cheaper than cheapy mc cheap on his first date, the scenario campaign was mediocre, the animations are painfully old, character models looked waxy and could use an overhaul.

Only real highlight for me was the redesign for Yoshimitsu who looked absolutely stunning.

If they want to make scenario mode worthwile they need to make it akin to the old side scroller beat em ups like Final Fight, introduce some proper backdrops, adjust the controls for movement by making them more free flowing (like final fight), update the movements of the older characters that look rather stiff, fix the waxy looking fighter models and bring some conclusion to some of the more mainstream story arcs.

Then I *might* be interested in Tekken 7.
The dragon is a joke. This game is only good if you play it with more than 3 friends. Lets see what new characters arrive with the 7th installment.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
^Agreed!

I actually think I would have interest in trying out a Tekken Tag 2, the first was quite good and made Tekken 4 feel empty to me which is what lead to me losing interest in the series
That would be great if they included the tag feature in 7, the tag feature in DOA3 was excellent for its combat system and multiplayer abilities, 6's lack of tagging is chin strokingly silly.

The dragon is a joke. This game is only good if you play it with more than 3 friends. Lets see what new characters arrive with the 7th installment.
He is indeed, I couldn't stand Azazel, they keep him in the arcades I'm sure to force players to pay an extra coin or two so they can get their name up on the leader board when they eventually beat him. Honestly, his constant spamming of blocks, coupled with your inability to break it by using a grapple is just poor.

If Tekken 7 can introduce a final boss that isn't cheap, but rather a proper balanced challenge that doesn't shred half your health in one 3 hit combo they may be the first company ever to introduce a final boss that doesn't suck.

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
That would be great if they included the tag feature in 7, the tag feature in DOA3 was excellent for its combat system and multiplayer abilities, 6's lack of tagging is chin strokingly silly.

He is indeed, I couldn't stand Azazel, they keep him in the arcades I'm sure to force players to pay an extra coin or two so they can get their name up on the leader board when they eventually beat him. Honestly, his constant spamming of blocks, coupled with your inability to break it by using a grapple is just poor.

If Tekken 7 can introduce a final boss that isn't cheap, but rather a proper balanced challenge that doesn't shred half your health in one 3 hit combo they may be the first company ever to introduce a final boss that doesn't suck.
Yes, the final boss is completely unfair. But if your level is above Master or tekken5's "Legend", then with two back to back 10 hit combos you can defeat him.

·
CDProjekt Supporter
3,111 Posts
Are You Ready For Tekken 7?

Used to be a big fan of this franchise, but I passed over Tekken 4, 5 and 6

I am not likely to go back to it with the announcement of a Tekken 7 but I am sure Tekken still has its many fans

Anyway, whats your thoughts? Will you buy Tekken 7?
It's coming for which consoles ?? PS3 and 360 ??

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I don't think that much is known yet!

But I would assume it will be PS3 and Xbox360

Indeed!

There is no reason I can see why any of the new Tekkens shouldn't have a tag mode

Surely the consoles are powerful enough to do it and it may make some of the Tekken Tag Tournament fans take notice as well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Fighting games is probably the only genre I really despise.

I have fun for 10 minutes when button mashing in multiplayer with friends but I get bored extremely quickly.

Also, all my attemps at SP campaign's in fighters have let med down in a big way.

I'd rather play Worms Armageddon or Guitar Hero with friends than fighters!

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Q: Are You Ready For Tekken 7?
A: No because since Tekken 4 The tekken series started to suck. still we have the last good one(Tekken Tag Tournament) which we can still enjoy as an alternative to the awesome Tekken 3.

Intersting enough is that my real name is "Francis Joel" which is showed on that video :p

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
Not looking forward to it at all. I used to be a massive Tekken fan, practicing combos, juggles and multipart throws, counting frames and reading through various guides by the likes of Catlord, Castel, tragic and so on. Unfortunately the charm of Tekken diminished after the best Tekken of all, T3 (as TTT was T3's rehash I'd count both as one). It's not getting any better with T4, T5 or T6 and the story becomes ridiculous (yes, I actually care of the bg story of a fighting game). Is it just me or the once great fighting series become crap with nice looks but no essence? Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat (this one takes it to the new level actually, I don't want another one to come out! I loved 1&2, 3 wasn't too bad but then 4 happened...), King of Fighters... SFIV is awesome on the other hand, but that's just exception confirming the rule it seems.

·
Unrelenting
2,286 Posts
I really enjoyed Tekken 5. I didn't find much improvements in 6.. a lot of what was added I think just doesn't work very well. SFIV did well because it kept pretty much everything the same other then a graphical makeover and a few tweaks.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I might have liked the "Arcade" Tekken 5, but I didn't like Tekken 4 or 5 on the PS2. I haven't tried Tekken 6 as I don't have a PS3 or a 360. I "like" Tekken on the PSP, IIRC its a watered down Tekken 5? but its uber cheap on the juggles and I don't like losing a game because the AI is so cheap.

I'd love a Tekken Tag 2, and really enjoy Tekken Tag. I was thrilled I was able to beat Tekken Tag one time on my PS2, even though I had to continue once on the final boss.

I purchased Tekken 5 on the PS2 just because it has the Tekken 1-3 on it and not for Tekken 5, which wasn't even an "Arcade" game. :angry:

But hey they ruined King of Fighters XII, :cry: so I could see them ruin Tekken 7 as well...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Q: Are You Ready For Tekken 7?
A: No because since Tekken 4 The tekken series started to suck. still we have the last good one(Tekken Tag Tournament) which we can still enjoy as an alternative to the awesome Tekken 3.

Intersting enough is that my real name is "Francis Joel" which is showed on that video :p
Haha. One of the best videos I've seen in a long time.

They should do a geeks vs geeks fighting game.

That I'd buy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.