Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
General of Tangerines
Joined
·
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my lord, doesn't this guy have work to earn money?


http://www.seattlestarwars.com/

Tuesday, January 1st, 2002

Seattle Star Wars Society member Jeff Tweiten has become the first person in the world to begin waiting for Star Wars Episode II
- Attack of the Clones.  He began his wait in line on January 1, 2002, and will sooned be joined by SSWS President John Guth. They will wait there at the Cinerama theatre for nearly four and a half months until the release of Episode II on May 16th.

Why start waiting so early?  For one, they are attempting to set a new world record for the longest wait for an event.  But this is also an art project. How in the world could that be?  We'll have more on that later.

Stay tuned for further updates, including pictures, video, and more.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Those guys are crazy. Waiting for almost 5 months to see a movie? That's insane! I really love SW, but EPI really disappointed me. I was expecting some movie at the same level as the old ones, but I was wrong. EPI was horrible and EPII trailers are very boring. I don't know what happened to George Lucas, but he's not doing the same thing he did when he made EPIV, EPV and EPVI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Never been a SW fan. I haven't even see the old star wars. That kind of stuff doesn't intrest me at all. And as for EP1 it was okay...too much mussy stuff and not enough fighting. And did any one notice that huge pimple on Obi's forehead? It look like it was about to burst...ughhh...^-^

Originally posted by RZetlin
After watching Star Wars Episodes I, my faith in Lucas in good storytelling has diminished greatly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,014 Posts
> And did any one notice that huge pimple on Obi's forehead?

Strangely enough, I DID notice that. I chalk it up to not enough going on.

> too much mussy stuff and not enough fighting.

I think Lucas was too inspired to do his poorly done adaptation of Christian symbolism and Jar Jar Binksism to focus on action. The last five minutes or so I liked, but five minutes of an hour and a half long movie isn't a good ratio of good to bad.

> Never been a SW fan. I haven't even see the old star wars.

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but you should check out the older ones when you have the time. They're the reason SW is as big as it is (not episode 1, which was pretty bad).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Yeah I'll think I have to do that sometime. I still can't get over that huge pimple that was about to burst. I mean every try some concealer?

Originally posted by Ryos
> And did any one notice that huge pimple on Obi's forehead?

Strangely enough, I DID notice that. I chalk it up to not enough going on.

> too much mussy stuff and not enough fighting.

I think Lucas was too inspired to do his poorly done adaptation of Christian symbolism and Jar Jar Binksism to focus on action. The last five minutes or so I liked, but five minutes of an hour and a half long movie isn't a good ratio of good to bad.

> Never been a SW fan. I haven't even see the old star wars.

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but you should check out the older ones when you have the time. They're the reason SW is as big as it is (not episode 1, which was pretty bad).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,302 Posts
Hey guys,don't forget that it's a TRILOGY !
We all like Episode 4,5,6 because we've almost all seen them in a short lap of time,but take episode 4 alone,imagine you haven't seen the next episodes and that they'll come out quite some time later and watch it,all of a sudden it becomes a qduite sucky movie,but once you've watched all 3 movies,the whole trilogy is incredible!
That's why I'll wait for the last episode to be released to give my advice(I can already tell you that I loved episode 1).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,992 Posts
Like always I'll reserve my judgement until I see it.

As for I... definately an example of hype over content.

Although that said It will be interesting to see how lucas expalins away some of the more known bloopers, such as why Qui Gon does not disappear, and how he intends to get rid of Jar Jar.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,302 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
Although that said It will be interesting to see how lucas expalins away some of the more known bloopers, such as why Qui Gon does not disappear
Well,all Jedi's after their death are still present,remember Obi-Wan,Yoda,and Anakin in Return of the Jedi?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,992 Posts
Originally posted by Raziel

Well,all Jedi's after their death are still present,remember Obi-Wan,Yoda,and Anakin in Return of the Jedi?
Yes as a spirit within the force. However when they all died their physical bodies faded away. Qui Gons didn't. It was cremated. Being a Jedi his physical body should have also disappeared after he was struck down by Darth Maul.
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top