Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ve been lately not playing any games..i think i ve given up gaming..AS for me a year back i nevr thought i would give up playing video games.but it just happens..I guess btw 19-20 ppl mostly lose interest in gaming,,,what do you think.

·
Registered
132 Posts
LOL, everyone have their own problems when it comes to gaming. Some of them think playing games do no good and so they stop playing. As for me, I think that I gonna stop playing when I start to work next year. Need to keep some money for the my future old age rather than wasting it on games and console or PC spareparts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I gave up on SP gaming, I only play over the net lately, but in the future there will probably be hits that I'll want to try out...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Sometimes I don't feel like gaming at all, but now I started playing Metal Gear on NES again, great game :)
Going to play MGS after it.
But I'm not as easy entertained with videogames as I used to be. I don't know if that's a good thing for myself, or a bad thing cause I tend to get bored sometimes :p

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I'm 23 years old and I'm still into gaming. Of course I play a lot less than I used to, having a full time job and a GF. But I don't think I'll ever stop gaming.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
You have a gf for gaming :evil:

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I sort of consider myself a retired gamer, in a sorts. I still play and all, just not as much as we all used to. I very seldom buy games anymore at all. I think this stems deeper to the fact I think gaming is nothing much new anymore, but hopefully that'll change once the next generation of consoles is released. I still pick up a game every now and then though.

I honestly doubt I'll stop playing, but if I do, it'll be a gradual stop. Not how everyone else just stops instantly because of other things, but over time.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
The 'Seen it - been there - done that' syndrome.... :(

·
No preservatives™
965 Posts
I think I play games more now that I'm nearing 30 than I did previously, and I certainly buy more than I used to. That'll surely change if I start a family, but I doubt I'll ever stop playing entirely.

·
The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms
767 Posts
Greetings,

Hell yea, I don't intend to ever stop gaming. Sure, I've gotten older, become a conessuir. It's kinda like food, when your young any fast food slop is the greatest thing ever, but then you get older and only the more exotic and less tried dishes elicit the same response. The downside to this attitude is that finding new games to play on a regular basis is a difficult challenge. The secret is to look where you normally wouldn't look, and to try things you might have dismissed in the past. For instance, I am playing Ys VI (PC) right now, and it is damn near everything I have been seeking in a game: beautiful 2D graphics, great gameplay, and a good challenge level. The game reeks of personal vision, something the megacorporations and thier 500 man teams very rarely accomplish. Oops, I'm starting to ramble.

Anyways, videogames forever! :agree:

Sincerely,
TastEPlasma

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
I won't stop playing games (At least that's what I'm intending) . But ofcourse with more life problems and responsibilities gaming will reside a smaller corner. And then gets smaller and smaller. Till one day when I'm 60/70 and I've already fininshed my duties towards my children who would become grown up and taking care of theirselves. I'll return to gaming :evil:

Anyway one want to play Final Fantasy XViVXI ? :p . Or maybe Need for speed 55 ;)

·
Registered
494 Posts
I love playing VG but they are not a big part of my life like they used to be, I still love to talk about games I even still buy them, but as soon as I get a few hours into them I quit playing them, I remember the good old days when I could play them all day long with not even a break, now I'm lucky to play one even for 20 minutes.I've bought several new games and I haven't even beat the first one.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
TastEPlasma said:
Greetings,

Hell yea, I don't intend to ever stop gaming. Sure, I've gotten older, become a conessuir. It's kinda like food, when your young any fast food slop is the greatest thing ever, but then you get older and only the more exotic and less tried dishes elicit the same response. The downside to this attitude is that finding new games to play on a regular basis is a difficult challenge. The secret is to look where you normally wouldn't look, and to try things you might have dismissed in the past. For instance, I am playing Ys VI (PC) right now, and it is damn near everything I have been seeking in a game: beautiful 2D graphics, great gameplay, and a good challenge level. The game reeks of personal vision, something the megacorporations and thier 500 man teams very rarely accomplish. Oops, I'm starting to ramble.

Anyways, videogames forever! :agree:

Sincerely,
TastEPlasma

I know exactly what you mean. I'm currently playing the original Star Ocean, on the SNES (thanks a lot, Dejap team :thumb: ), and I'm really addicted to it (even though most battles are rather easy). There'll always be tons of old games, and jewels you might have missed, to play.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
The 'Seen it - been there - done that' syndrome.... :(
Unfortunately. I guess I set standards too high for games this past generation. I mean, we saw what, all these great steps surpassed each generation (I won't go into what, as we should all know), and then this past one was, well, just a prettied up previous generation. Yeah, one could argue that's all that's been happening, but I get the feeling something was missing. I don't know though, maybe that's just me.

I'll never stop gaming completely, but it's not my lfie consumer anymore.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I don't know if I'll play games forever. I assume so, but really; who is to know? I've been playing videogames since I was 4. Konami got me hooked with their quality MSX games. And then there's the whole UT mastery.

I haven't touched a game in about.. 3 months now, I think. I still need to finish Anachronox, but gaming shall not interfere with my more pressing concerns and ambitions. One of those ambitions has been in development with me also since I was 4, although there was quite a break of a few years for that one. I never really stopped gaming.

The day I'll be some MMORPG-junk who puts aside everything else for it, is the day I'll willfully and seriously consider taking a massive step back, but I don't think it will ever come to that, judging from how much in control I was during my UT glory days.

I don't know, maybe I'll reconsider when I find a relationship a little more worthwhile than one month. That is, assuming I "even have a heart", as someone recently had put it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
To me, video games are a pastime like baseball or even watching TV. I don't think I will ever stop until my hands fall off, and by that time we might not need to use our hands to play any more. I'm 18, I work, I'm a student, I have a GF, gaming is just something I do to relax. I'll probably slow down when I'm married and have kids.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I think that will be the moment I will start gaming more actually. It would be great to teach my kids the art of gaming and show them what games were like in the late 80's and 90's. I'm not going to raise them with PS11, but with a NES, so they will appreciate the classics before they get addicted to pretty graphics.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Fortunately I won't have kids. This will leave more time for gaming ;)

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
gaming is one of those things people can grow out of as time goes on. simply from loss of interest or lack of time. whether or not i'll still play when my real life begins, obviously has yet to be seen. maybe i won't have time, maybe i won't make time. the way things are going, i can see myself playing very little by the time i get "busy with life." maybe it'll become an activity to do for an hour before sleep or something.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
I couldn't imagine no longer playing videogames. I could imagine cutting back to a few hours a week, but gaming is something I enjoy and it's my favorite hobby. I've been a gamer since I was 7 or 8!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts