Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I mean is that since PS2 is here so there might be a reason for the companies to stop develop Playstation Games. It has been quite a long time since I bought a new game, because I cannot find one. So I want to ask is that are people developing new ganes for PS1 or not.

Ali

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Castlevania Chronicles and Syphon Filter 3 have just been released for PS1. I think there are a couple more games coming as well.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
yeah, there are; although not at the same pace as last years'. Game companies have long their attention now to next-gen consoles like PS2 and XBoX, IMO the pace is still just picking up, that's why big companies like Konami haven't yet turned their full resources over to PS2 games and the like; but i predict PS1 game development will halt sometime in late 2002 as the consoles get cheaper with production paces stepping up and actually exceeding demand at some points. :)

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
ack! just a rehash of old NES titles....Konami's really milking every last drop from Castlevania....im not getting it then :eek:

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I guess that the main area of development would be PS2 and X-Box..........!

Ali

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I want castlevania chronicles, it is a remake of the NES origional Castlevania which was a really cool game with like 3 extra levels added, gunna be sweet.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
The stop of prodocyion won't stop that soon cause the PS2 still is at a very High price level until then most people keep the psx !

·
Registered
171 Posts
actually there is still some releases and there will be some in the future for the next 6 months (in my opinion) but of course not as much as it used to be at the old times .
dont forget the release of the psone thats why you must be sure that there will be sales of the console and games too.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
right now there are only 3 RPGs being released that I know of and really want, first Final Fantasy X, of course. Suikoden 3 HELLZ YEAH, best RPG actuall series in my opinion, FFs are really unrelated and CC and CT were good but I think CC could of been much better, if the had something like Magus be a secret character to get. Grandia 2, I hear its great on Dreamcast, but they are going to release it on PS2 as well, so I won't be buying a dreamcast due to Sega's current position on consoles (as in they have kind of withdrawn from it completely) and on a side not, Tales of Eternia aka Tales of Destiny 2 has just been released in the US and I played abit of it in JAP and that game is awesome.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Don't know. U.S. still has some good stuff coming, though (Dragon Warrior VII). People will probably still develop for it for a while though, thanks to PS2's backwards compatibility.

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
I have been harassing the local game rental places for a few days now. I want to get my hands on DW7 ASAP. Especially after enjoying DQ6 so much (and helping with the translation)

Also, I understand that Dragon Quest VIII has not been committed to the ps1 or the ps2.

That is what is so great about sony putting backwards compatability into ps2. You can code for the ps1, and if a paticular function or feture is needed that is available on the ps2, i doubt making the transition would be that difficult.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is siphon filter 3 a new game...........I just bought it tomorrow.........good game indeed

Ali

1 - 20 of 46 Posts