Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Dream on!!!! :D

Do u remember how long it took to the 1st PSX emulator appear? It's gonna be the same thing with PS2, or maybe longer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
And just imagine how difficult it would be to emulate all that fancy hardware. Despite the fact that the PS2 relies heavily upon the proprietary Emotion Engine chip, an emulator would be a beast to code.

·
Registered
171 Posts
ps2 emulator is a dream only and it wouldnt come true until the pentium 4 spreads a bit more (talking about a long period of time )
:mad: :(

C

·
0 Posts
The PIV is a shit chip, even PIIIs with the Tulatin core beat it. Just because it's a bigger # with a higher frequency doesn't mean it's faster.,

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I don't think any single processor CPU (unless you get like a 10/20GHz system, mind you) would be able to reasonably emulate a PS2... if I'm not misaken, the PS2 has 5 independent processors (graphics, sound, etc etc), so to emulate all that on a *single* PC processor.... ouch.

Woohoo!! 200 posts!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
No thanks.
I've got more important things to do. Ofcoarse even if a PS2 emu were coming out I don't even have a DVDrom. And besides my friend has a PS2 that I can play right now.:D

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Originally posted by soulreaver12
hey guys i've read that there will be a real ps2 emulator will be out
(actually its not realesed yet ) at emuhq go check it out www.emuhq.com/categories.php?op=newindex&catid=43

:emb: :yawn: :rolleyes:
U missunderstood what they said!! What they said was that the PS2 will have an emulator of some sort, but to RUN ON the PS2, not a PC emulator for PS2. Kind of confusing. :p

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Okay here is what I think.The reason due to which the development of psone emu took time is because,the research on these emus started from zero.I mean that there was not concept of psxemulation.But now we have great emu authors who know quite much about emulation.So I think that the emulation of PS2 will not be that difficult for them.

Ali

C

·
0 Posts
Erm...

Just because they grasp emulation doesn't mean research about how the PS2 works/emulating it is going to take a signifigantly shorter amount of time.

·
Registered
345 Posts
gotta agree with cdburn out

i have known about mame since 1996 and at that time it ran quite a lot of games perfectly and i think it was in the twenties and now its in the upper thirties or so. i would say mame is about 8 years old or so (just guessing but dont want to research to find out for sure)

so they had a pretty good grasp on how to emulate back then too
and it still took a long time before psx emulation caught up to arcade emulation

·
Registered
345 Posts
i guess mame isnt as old as i thought
but, i could have sworn i used it in 96
but it must have been early 97

any ways, my points i made are still valid

1 - 17 of 17 Posts