Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Since when do MP3 and HQ fit in the same sentence anyway? :p

My advice would be to go to ebay and buy OST's, if you find a good seller with multiple interesting OST's you can save on shipping costs as well and they don't have to cost too much. I don't know any legal download sites for them, sorry.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Since when do MP3 and HQ fit in the same sentence anyway? :p
As a user of MP3, I have to say as a defence that there is no difference between 192kbps made with good encoder and real CD quality. Even 160kbps is very close. :p

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Why 320kb? Thats overkill. Difference between 192 and 320 is almost non-existent, and can be heard only with accurate, hifi quality headphones thru good amplifier, or with insanely costly speaker systems.

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,340 Posts
daninthemix said:
I was thinking the Orchestral Game Concert series, Silent Hill series, some other RPG stuff...

But I don't want CDs. I threw my CD collection away. And they must be 320k.
Here's some advice:

Goto a site such as Gamemusic.com or PlayAsia.com and buy the CDs. Wait a while for them to come through the post, encode them to your chosen quality and then, since you "don't want CDs" proceed to sell them on Ebay to get your money back (and possibly more.) This is possibly one of the best techniques for getting music files. Because not only are you getting your money back at the end of the day, you're showing the proper respect to the musicians involved by financing them.

Or you can go to OverClocked Remix and pretend that half of their trashy dance remixes are as high quality. And as a side note, I'm not bashing OC Remixes, but in all honesty only 10-20% of their tracks are worth the bandwidth/hard drive space.

·
Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Well, in fact there is a site on the net I stumbled onto recently and they seem to have almost everything, although I sincerely doubt that it's legal - as I doubt that publishing PSFs, SPCs, VGMs and all that stuff is legal either.

Anyway, I won't tell you its name or its adress, but I could give you a clue how to find it. I prefer being honest and buying stuff.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
industrian said:
Here's some advice:

Goto a site such as Gamemusic.com or PlayAsia.com and buy the CDs. Wait a while for them to come through the post, encode them to your chosen quality and then, since you "don't want CDs" proceed to sell them on Ebay to get your money back (and possibly more.) This is possibly one of the best techniques for getting music files. Because not only are you getting your money back at the end of the day, you're showing the proper respect to the musicians involved by financing them.

Or you can go to OverClocked Remix and pretend that half of their trashy dance remixes are as high quality. And as a side note, I'm not bashing OC Remixes, but in all honesty only 10-20% of their tracks are worth the bandwidth/hard drive space.
Actually, I think that when you sell the cd's you have sold the right to listen them, so to do it properly you would have to delete those files. In any way, you are not showing proper respect to the musicians because 1 person did not buy the cd's while he does own the music ;)

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,340 Posts
Lol, my posted "way" is not what i do. See my attachment for proof of that.

In all honesty I just made that up on the spot when i typed it. The guy wanted the music but didn't want CDs. I think he at least should pay the musicians involved rather than shoplift.

And yes, I'm very very cheap. I once had a gas bill that was under £1 (not joking). As that old proverb goes: Money is flat and was meant to be piled up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.