Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the various Pad plugins offer different advantages and disadvantages... It just dawned on me that ePSXe 1.4 doesn't include an option to change its Pad plugin... I looked at my epsxe directory and found that the only pad plugin I have is
PADSEGUD.dll (I don't know which one it is in the plugins section of psemu.com....). It's the one that came with ePSXe's installer. I haven't changed it ever since.

I thought about changing my pad plugin because I noticed that Chrono Cross often "lags" in terms of responding to button presses (i.e. about a fraction of a second late).

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
You can't change the PAD plugin in ePSXe,and I just don't know why there is SEGU's pad plugin in your folder,it doesn't need to be here.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see... So what are those controller plugins in PSXEMU.com's plugins section for? For ePSXe's older versions?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
ePSXe isn't the only PSX emu around here.
There used for emus like AdriPSX(great emu),PSemuPro(first PS emu wich played games,the authors created the plugin system we all know,discontinued),and FPSE(ahem).
Some other emus should use them in the future(PCSX,Psynex,...).

·
Registered
36 Posts
ePSXe doesn't use Control Pad plugins. It handles the job internally in order to support Analog controls and DirectX8 force feedback (rumbling), a feature I think is not currently in the DPad plugin spec. This also allows them to support the Burutter force feedback adapter.

For the most part, it's a solid system that doesn't need much work...but I'm still waiting for POV Hat support. I can't use the D-Pad on my AxisPad without it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts