Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Non N00B question - Are certain genres harder to emulate on PCSX2?

It seems that you guys are having more luck with puzzle games, mainly because there in 2d.

Oh and good luck with PCSX 0.7 and you guys rule for figuring out the memory card.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
mastertazo said:
It seems that you guys are having more luck with puzzle games, mainly because there in 2d.

Oh and good luck with PCSX 0.7 and you guys rule for figuring out the memory card.
It would seem that games that don't use the more advanced graphics functions of the PS2 are more difficult to run in an incomplete emulator... This only makes sense because the more advanced commands haven't been implemented or bugfixed yet.

Also, some games like RPGs and puzzle games are much easier to play at low frame rates, so I imagine that when PCSX2 develops enough to play commercial games those will be the ones everyone plays most at first... At least that's the way it was with SNES'96. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was curious

What types of games seem to be making the most progress? like, i would imagine a game like GTA San Andreas would take forever to make compatible with PCSX2. However, would that be any different from a game like Disgaea that uses 2D sprites and backgrounds? Basicly i'm just wondering if certain games based on how they are designed would be easier to emulate than others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts