Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are psx betas legal to download?
They are not under copyright (I dont think) And you wont find them in stores neither for retail.
Also they are distributed for free on certain websites.
but im not all that sure if its legal or not.

can anyone help me here?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
No, regardless of release or not, Beta roms and iso's are still illegal to download.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
what game?
don't post any site names or links, just which game.

The only time it is legal to distribute games is if they are cast to freeware or abandonware by their developers and publishers.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Beta or demo?

nobody cares if demo's are traded.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
legally-speaking they should not be doing that then, but we are not really concerned about another site chooses to do.

i will say though that it is possible though that some regular member of this site you speak of put this game up without the consent of whoever runs the place, so it might not be something they would actually approve of if they were to become aware of it.

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
13,131 Posts
I can only speak for my own country Scotland (I'm a law major) but it's only legal to distribute if you have permission from the copyright owner
It's also legal for personal use if you have permission from the product champion as either test purposes or for promotional use.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
legally-speaking they should not be doing that then, but we are not really concerned about another site chooses to do.

i will say though that it is possible though that some regular member of this site you speak of put this game up without the consent of whoever runs the place, so it might not be something they would actually approve of if they were to become aware of it.
The Moderators of the site have approven it.
Its been up their for about a month or so and alot of people have noticed.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
well like i said, that is their choice, but i dont think such things are ever going to be allowed here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.