Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any other arcade emulators that can play mk3 and umk3 arcade version,mame32 is fine but the speed sucks on my comp?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I'm not sure which of two forums is the better place for this thread, but I do know general is more appropriate than off-topic for arcade emulators. Hence I'll move it there.

Yes, I did copy and paste that. :p This is similar to another thread that started recently, but it's not quite the same.

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
I dunno what your specs are but u need a fast processor to play mk3 on mame.
When I had my duron 600 it ran real slow but soon as I got my ath1000 it runs full speed so I think theres not much u can do except try running with sound disabled as that might speed it up....

·
Registered
793 Posts
i can pretty much agree with you guys. ive never tried mk3 on MAME32 but i "just" about managed to run x-men vs street fighter on my tnt2 pci and celeron 700MHz. After that i just deleted it.

try going to this site to see if there are other emulators that can run umk3 : http://www.sys2064.com/index.htm

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
I can play any MAME32 game perfectly on my system. On my previous Celeron 366 system I had to play in 8-bit color or it was too choppy. As for X-Men vs Street Fighter you can play that on Final Burn (Alpha) or WinKawaks, two of the fastest CPS2 emulators available. Even on my K6-2 366 Labtop (about the equivalent to a P2 233) w/ 64 MB RAM I can play CPS2 games at near full frames (at 400x300x16) and on my previous Celeron 366 system it ran perfectly at 800x600x16.

·
Registered
965 Posts
MAME.

The only reason why MK3/UMK3 and other Williams Wolf Unit games take a hit in speed, is the DCS sound emulation. It's quite a beast.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by CD
MAME.

The only reason why MK3/UMK3 and other Williams Wolf Unit games take a hit in speed, is the DCS sound emulation. It's quite a beast.
Yep.. That's why I played MK2 and 3 on mame with sound off in my old amd k6-2 533 mhz system.. Ran almost full speed with no sound.. Auto Frameskipping made it very playable.. Don't play MK games on mame with sound unless you have a high end computer.. Lucky for me, All MK games run full speed with full sound now for me on my system.. :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have downloaded mortal kombat,street fighter 2 the world warrior(world 910214)but mame32 will not recognize them and i can't play htem,what is going on?

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by dukenukem
i have downloaded mortal kombat,street fighter 2 the world warrior(world 910214)but mame32 will not recognize them and i can't play htem,what is going on?
Where did you download the roms? Use a rom manager program to check if your roms are correct.. Then press F5 while running mame.. Check your rom directories and make sure they are correct..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts