Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm referring to downloadable .vml files which contain various addons to certain games. Is there any way to apply these addons using chankast?

Thanks for any replies.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
yes there is using the vmu manager. I have succesfully added on the skies of arcadia downloads into my save games. The memory manger features a nice little import feature that supports about 3 different inport types so try using that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, well, trying to use the vmsbrowser that came with the chankast was the 1st thing I did, but it keeps giving me an error when I try to apply the vmi file. Here's exactly what I'm doing:

1) run vmsbrowser.
2) select (click on) my main vms saves file ... vms.bin
3) select (click on) a specific save in the vms.bin file
4) click import save
5) double-click on the vml file. it's only selectable when viewing 'raw image dumps' or 'vmi save data' (same error occurs)
6) at this point the following error appears:

"Can't open file xxx.vms. vmi files require a vms/vmi file pair"

Well, the thing is, I have 3 vml files (downloaded from the site), but no corresponding .vms files. Should I download them from somewhere? Or do I already have them in some hidden / unrefined form?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hm yes ... downloading gamesaves with already unlocked expansions could be an alternative (if nothing works I'll do it like that). But i'm wondering if it's possible to install expansions into my own gamesaves (I believe expansions only come in wmi format, dci is just a gamesave). Does anyone know if this is possible, please? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts