Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to play ape escape at the moment but i can't seem to get the analog sticks on my dualshock controller to work when i reach the title sceen (infact when i reach the title screen none of the buttons work either), i've used the analog sticks on Spyro so i know they work.

Can anyone help? (if it helps i'm using ePSXe 1.7.0, Pete's OpenGL2 and P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Well, if you press F5 and it switches to digital, that's not really what you want. It should be analog mode. But are you saying when you press F5 it switches modes and switches back immediately?

You can also try using PSXeven and the Harakiri pad plugin, see if that gives you better results.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Ensure that multitap is turned off and the other gamepads are disabled in ePSXe's gamepad configuration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, if you press F5 and it switches to digital, that's not really what you want. It should be analog mode. But are you saying when you press F5 it switches modes and switches back immediately?

You can also try using PSXeven and the Harakiri pad plugin, see if that gives you better results.
Yes it switches back immediately after i press F5, and i've tried PSXeven with the Harakiri plugin and that gave me a blank screen. I've also tried the Harakiri plugin with ePSXe andthat doesn't work either.

masta.g.86 - The multitap is switched off and disabled the other gamepad in config and still nothing

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
does your gamepad have an analog toggle button on it like a real psx dual shock controller does?

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
try pressing that button then upon startup and see if there is any change, im not certain but its possible you need to do that and press F5.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
strange. download epsxe 1.6.0 and set the mode to digial/analog in the pad config menu and be sure to press F5 when you start the game up, then see how it responds with that.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
do you have an alternate game pad or input device you can test out?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Working fine for NTSC and PAL copies of Ape escape i have here, so the issue is PEBKAC

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
problem exists between keyboard and chair.

Enable analogue on the Controller, then go into the config screen and allocate the controls.

and stop using Petes CDR, use Sapu 1.3.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.