Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying my best to get ANY playstation game to work with my intel 8245G onboard video card and i am getting no where fast..

i had no problems at all with my geforce 2 playing playstation games every setting i tryed worked.

but its a different story with 64 meg piece of crap intel extreme chip.

what the best settings to use when playing psone games with this card i am using??

also i have 256 ram too. i know that enough cuz it worked with the geforce 2 card i had.

is ANY of pete's plugins working with the intel 82458g chipset??

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
i use to run my PSX games on an Intel i828...something with Pete's DX6 D3D plugin. so im guessing theres a way you can make it work. post the settings you are using and we can maybe point out where stuff should be changed

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
i played Front Mission 2 quite smoothly except for a few bumps during certain moments (probably my config, if i had tweaked it, i coulda got better performance) with intel extreme 8245G gfx and a 2.53ghz P4. so it's certainly possible.

are you running on a CD or ISO? if playing from a CD, go with Peops. i've found that choosing the wrong plugin or the wrong settings can totally make a game run like crap.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hushypushy said:
i played Front Mission 2 quite smoothly except for a few bumps during certain moments (probably my config, if i had tweaked it, i coulda got better performance) with intel extreme 8245G gfx and a 2.53ghz P4. so it's certainly possible.

are you running on a CD or ISO? if playing from a CD, go with Peops. i've found that choosing the wrong plugin or the wrong settings can totally make a game run like crap.
running from an iso like always. i will try peops too i noticed i can only play in opengl with my intel card though using pete's regular plugin. D3D freezes up.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
82845 and 256 mb Ram ? Huh !!

You didnt mention your cpu but anything over 700 mhz is more than enough for psx emulation.All games should run full speed with nice settings using either direct3d or directx6 plugin.

I got it running well enough with celeron 500,64mb ram and onboard 810 . You got much better system than that.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry about that prafull here is the specs.

intel celeron 1.6
256 mb ram
64 meg on board 82845g chipset
40 gig hd

i dunna what is the problem i got d3d working though using the lowest possible settings there is still noticable slowdown in certain parts..

how can i change the direct3D options with my vid-card i went into the properties all i got was the open-gl setting surely there is an option to fiddle with the D3D options somewhere??

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
go to www.intel.com and get their newest drivers, i noticed it sped up 3D performance A LOT back on my 82810 (it's a huge increase, i got double/triple FPS in CS...from 10-15 to 30)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts