Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just downloaded it last night and installed it. Now I seem to be having some problems w/it and the 2250 video drivers that I am using. I keep getting lockups and OE errors when I try to run ePSXe. It will play for a while and then a lockup or error occurs. Has anyone else had these problems or something similar to them?
Could it be the video drivers (betas of 2250)? Any responses or help wpuld be greatly appriecated. I'm using Win 98 first edition and an Elsa Gladiac GEForce 2 GTS video card. Thanks.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying so quickly fivefeet8. That is what I was thinking also. I'm thinking of going to Elsa's site and downloading their latest "offical" driver. It is based on the Nvidia 1281, I believe.
Thanks again.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
310 Posts
i downloaded my dx8.1 from MS and i also have a gts(although not made by elsa) and using the 22.50(i'm using 22.80 right now) and found no bugs and runs fine maybe you forgot to tweak your settings coz usually when i install new drivers some settings get changed

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Hum... No problems here also. I got my Portuguese version of DirectX 8.1 from MS and it's working fine. I'm running Win98 first edition also. Probably it's the drivers. I've seen that Detonator 23.10 has leaked and some sites have it(since it's not officially released, I don't know if I can post the link here). You could try it.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,076 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
I'm thinking of going to Elsa's site and downloading their latest "offical" driver. It is based on the Nvidia 1281, I believe.
Thanks again.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

I downloaded directx8.1 from MS website some times ago, and have no problems so far. I am using Elsa Gladiac GTS PRO and the driver i am using is the lastest official driver i downloaded from Elsa website, and it works fine.Btw, the window os i use is win98 se. Hope this helps.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all the help. The problem turned out to be a memory module "conflict". I removed one of my dimms and went from 256meg to 128 meg of PC 133 memory. Since I did that, my problems have dissappeared. PacMan World, Gauntlet Legends, and Ms. PacMan run flawlessly. I'm using the latest Elsa driver which is based on the 21.81. I also reinstalled DX 8.1 (formatted my HD and reinstalled Win 98 SE last night) and have had no problems, so far. So it seems that the memory was the problem. Thanks again.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Schadelkeks. I"ll d'l your program tonight since I'm at work right now and can't d/l anything here. I'll give it a try and see what it tells me. Thanks for posting it. I'm certain though, that even if both memory modules test out fine, there is some kind of "conflict" going on. I say this because, since I have removed one of the mem modules, I have had no problems at all. Even w/DX 8.1 installed. But thanks again for the program, I really appriecate it.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My portuguese version isn't showing any problems too....but the one that came installed with my Win ME were causing me a lot of trouble.....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I believe it does. Since VGS does all its stuff in unenhanced modes, there should be no problem running it w/DX8.1. But I don't think that VGS works w/Win ME and I know it does not work w/XP.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
It should work fine, since functions of older versions of DX should work fine in the newest version (as that isn't always the case, I'm leaving it at that).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks prafull, I wasn't sure about Win ME, but I know that Win XP does not run CVGS.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 19 of 19 Posts