Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Drowning in a red state.
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing it right now.

It has really nice visuals for a ps1 game, and has a good fighting system.
My only problem is the difficulty, I can imagine many people not playing it simply because of that. A normal enemy killed me with 1 spell doing 50s about 7 times and when I use the same spell it does 1, 2s and 7s.

Nice game though, any of you tried it?

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I desperately wanted to like this game, but it didn't let me. The risk system ruined it for me.

·
Demon
1,205 Posts
I played a bit of it, but I always stop after the minotaur boss early in the game. I did like what I played but the confusing story (I really had no idea what's going on and the gibberish intro made me even more confused) and unimaginative dungeons left me cold.

·
AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Yeah this is a great game.
Maybe i should try to finish it now.
Do you guys know if epsxe will run at full speed with a Intel GMA 3100?

·
crazy person
864 Posts
The first game in the Ivalice alliance.... And probably the best (Loved it more than the FF tactics and XII game). This would hold me hours on the console back in the day. Though the story was reaaaaaally complicated at times. (Especially the whole playing part in the intro that you could easly skip. Made me think at the beginning that that part wasn't really important for the story.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Hopefully this thread takes off a little more than that one :p

I liked Vagrant Story. I remember when it first came out, actually. The graphics were awesome, I loved doing battles and upgrading my stuff, and I didn't mind the stupid story. The game is insanely hard though (ridiculous puzzles?!), and after a while, I just gave up. Maybe I should revisit it, this time using a bit of GameFAQs on the side...

·
Premium Member
5,284 Posts
Awesome game. I love every bit of it. It isn't particularly hard but you have to be very patient when playing it as battles can take a very long time.
I love the chain system. If you have good reflexes you can make massive damage to your opponents. Too bad I only got up to around 20 chains...

I beat it a couple of times on real PSX, ePSXe and PSP and thinking of playing it again.

·
Drowning in a red state.
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome game. I love every bit of it. It isn't particularly hard but you have to be very patient when playing it as battles can take a very long time.
I love the chain system. If you have good reflexes you can make massive damage to your opponents. Too bad I only got up to around 20 chains...

I beat it a couple of times on real PSX, ePSXe and PSP and thinking of playing it again.
If you know of any RPG harder than this one, please recommend me because I've never come across one where I couldn't grind to make up for the lack of balance. 0_0

Btw, my max chain is 18 and I just started :p.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Great game.

Took me two tries to actually get past the first half hour of the game as it starts out so slow and confusing but I actually really liked the story and the gameplay (although I'm not a huge fan of making equipment but that couldn't be helped).

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Good game. Some memories where I wanted to pop it out of the PS and just snap it in half....other then that, another game that showed how good the PS generation of Squaresoft was...
LOL funny you mention that, one time I was so frustrated with this game that I ripped open the PS mid game, pulled the disc out, and threw it across the room :lol:

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
looks good, i might pick it up sometime and see it for myself.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
LOL funny you mention that, one time I was so frustrated with this game that I ripped open the PS mid game, pulled the disc out, and threw it across the room :lol:
I did that to Hook on the Sega CD, when I called to buy a replacement and told them what happened they couldn't stop laughing and sent me a free replacement...

That was so embarrassing...

I try to keep my temper better...

·
ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Hopefully this thread takes off a little more than that one :p

I liked Vagrant Story. I remember when it first came out, actually. The graphics were awesome, I loved doing battles and upgrading my stuff, and I didn't mind the stupid story. The game is insanely hard though (ridiculous puzzles?!), and after a while, I just gave up. Maybe I should revisit it, this time using a bit of GameFAQs on the side...
No offence but for me personally i'm better of not playing a game thento use a faq, since using a faq is just like following someone else's indication depriving you of your involvement.

I did that to Hook on the Sega CD, when I called to buy a replacement and told them what happened they couldn't stop laughing and sent me a free replacement...

That was so embarrassing...

I try to keep my temper better...
That means those guys where quite ok then, cause that clearly isn't supported in the warranty.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.