Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just have this weird problem of taking a snapshot in this program, I know that it is the "P" key to take the snapshot, and yes I went to the properties of windvd, and disable the hardware compensation, in which I got no view, but did hear the sound of the film, and at that time when I took the snapshots I got these fuzzy and messed up .bmp files.

Could someone help me here, and tell me from the start on what I must do to take a snapshot. pleeeeaasse:(

·
Registered
513 Posts
Do you have a video card that has TV Out capability? A friend of mine has one of the newer versions of WinDVD and it won't allow you to see the image on either the monitor or the TV without the addition of dedicated DVD decompression hardware. See if you can downgrade and check to see if the problem resolves itself.

I brought my copy (version 2.1) to my friend's house, uninstalled the new copy and reinstalled from my CD and it worked.

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but it sounds decidedly similar.

Good luck.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by cluthu
Do you have a video card that has TV Out capability? A friend of mine has one of the newer versions of WinDVD and it won't allow you to see the image on either the monitor or the TV without the addition of dedicated DVD decompression hardware. See if you can downgrade and check to see if the problem resolves itself.

I brought my copy (version 2.1) to my friend's house, uninstalled the new copy and reinstalled from my CD and it worked.

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but it sounds decidedly similar.

Good luck.
O man I'm kind of confused here, I mean I probably don't have a TV out, and a DVD decompression hardware (what the Hell?!)

anyway this is really bull, so I have to download vers. 2.1 right!
Where do I get it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
>I mean I probably don't have a TV out
It's in the manual for the newer version. It states that if you have any sort of TV Out option for your card it may not work.

>and a DVD decompression hardware (what the Hell?!)
An add on board that allows for the removal of Macrovision and offloads things that your CPU would normally work on to a dedicated processor.

>anyway this is really bull, so I have to download vers. 2.1 right!
I'd imagine you could download other versions as well, I just know that when I replaced her version with 2.1 it worked correctly again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts