Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
wow! Did they release that? That looks better than most Playstation games :)

S

·
0 Posts
read about it, but never saw the clip;
I must say, seems they got pretty far with it even....

·
Registered
774 Posts
No, they didn't release it. It's video from Shenmue when it was still in early stages of developement. They moved it to the Dreamcast way before there was a halfway playable version of it.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Wow, that definitely looks very good for being on the Saturn :D. I still haven't played any of the games. Maybe someday I'll pick up Shenmue I for my Dreamcast :).

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Yeah, saw that a while back. It is indeed most impressive. The Saturn had the same problem as the PS2 does: being a ***** to program for. But if you did it right, you could get some fantastic graphics out of it.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
oO
That's impressive!

I don't think many PS1 games equal the level of detail shown here....

·
band
4,912 Posts
hmmm....seems like the saturn version had stuff that the first shenmue on DC didnt have (near the end of the video)

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Saw it a few years ago. Impressive indeed.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I havnt seen that video before, I saw the intro version of the game on Saturn :)

Why does Sega always get the short end of the stick? They have always been ahead of the game in my opinion. (Damn I wish they didnt shut PSO down :( )

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
PSO PC is still up and running with private servers. They're quite good, too.. alot of us from NGEmu played PSO for months on end on the private servers, and it was absolutely perfect. :) Lotsa memories from when I first got my DC.. PSO all day and all night!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I would like to see more videos of such scrapped games. I remember seeing Final Fantasy III (VI) remake that should have been made on N64 but got scraped and become FF VII o n PSX...

Need more videos =)

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
D.D. said:
hmmm....seems like the saturn version had stuff that the first shenmue on DC didnt have (near the end of the video)
That's right. Shenmue II features a clip of (I don't know if it's this one as I'm still trying to download it) Shenmue when it was to be developed for the saturn. It shows some scenes that would come just right after the ending of Shenmue II as well as some others which are quite more advanced. That leaves me wondering just how far Sega got into the plot...

Edit: Just finished watching, it is the video that came with Shenmue II... the video shows images of chapters I, II, III and IV... this plus the images seen on the Berkerley Project confirms the fact that the people at Sega are a bunch of lazy *******s who didn't finish the Shenmue saga just because they didn't want to. Clearly by the days of the Dreamcast the plot for the first 4 chapters (and a bit more) already existed... they could have gone much further if they would have wanted to.

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
umm

i did notice in the video footage from the first 2 games and from info i gathered when looking around for a long time, there is hidden stuff in the xbox version of shenmue 2 that i heard about, stuff that never got put in the game.

also i heard rumors of work being done on the other games but not sure how much truth still stands from those rumors seeing as there has been news of them making an online shenmue game.

i would love to see them continue to make the games as i really enjoyed playing part 2 and wish i could get my hands on a dreamcast and a copy of shenmue 1 as i seen the movie that came with shenmue 2 and i loved it :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
it'true that the shenmue online is being developing by sega and a chinese game company called "drawing of the sky"(perhaps :D )
sega said that the online game is much harder to manipulate than the 1&2.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Man this was stuff of dreams once... Look how it looks now =) IIRC it was lack of hardware capabilities that made Square change to PSX.
(Hardware=not enough place on cartridges)

S

·
0 Posts
if you like these kind of things, check http://sost.emulationzone.org/
and preferrably the Sonic Adventure section; there were quite a lot of changes to that game before it was released, like a larger version of windy valley and even a huge dragon flying in the sky!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts