Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with this error message?

EPSX: Opcode [13-4f44213c] in PC [bfc00000] not implemented [00000000:000:0]

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hey, when and if someone knows the answer they will post. There's no reason to repeat yourself:p
You'll probably have to wait a while for this answer because its not a common problem. Just be a little patient.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I'm no emu coder, but here goes....

That message, in (almost) plain English, means that the instruction/operation [13-4f44213c] found in PC (program counter? maybe..) [bfc00000] is not implemented in the emulator.

The basic idea of how an emulator works is to 'map' processor instructions (in this case, one from a PSX) to another processor instructions (to your PC)... ok some people will shoot me for saying this (because there's "high-level emulation"), but this is the basic idea, I don't want to go to more details, 'cuz I don't know a lot about that :D

Anyways, the error pops up because the game you are trying uses this operation/instruction that does not have a 'mapping' in ePSXe yet... which means you're out of luck. Try a different emu, or wait for the next version.

I *think* that's what it is, but I'm sure the emu authors and plugin authors will be able to give you more detailed (and accurate) answers, should you want more.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I only posted it here because sometimes people don't pay attention when you post at the end of another thread. But anyway, I think the first half has to do with the bios because it changes when I change Bios. I've also tried various games. I'm trying to get the internal CD player to work and am getting the same message.

* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.4.0.
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [C:\Program Files\ePSXe\bios\scph7502.bin].
* Init cdrom ... [E] ok
* Cdrom open... ok
* Init mci ... ok
* Doing init gpu...
* Gpu open...
* Direct input init ok.
* Init core spu ... ok
* Force NTSC cdrom detected.
* Closing core spu...
* Closing gpu ...
* Shutdown gpu ...

EPSX: Opcode [1d-76617320] in PC [bfc00004] NOT implemented [00000000:000:1]

and

* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.4.0.
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [C:\Program Files\ePSXe\bios\scph1001.bin].
* Init cdrom ... [E] ok
* Init mci ... ok
* Doing init gpu...
* Gpu open...
* Direct input init ok.
* Init core spu ... ok
* Closing core spu...
* Closing gpu ...
* Shutdown gpu ...

EPSX: Opcode [13-4f44213c] in PC [bfc00000] NOT implemented [00000000:000:0]

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I'd just forget about the internal CD player. It isn't perfect(obviously) and it doesn't do anything that other cdplayers don't do besides that nifty screen, but if you still want to use it then read this thread.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I tried everything in the other thread and still nothing. Argggggggggh I can't get anything to work with this program. PSX or Audio CD's. I'm about to break something. Dang, I can't even get the stuip wizard guide to work right. I guess when my partner brings Tekken 3 by today, since it's supposed to be a game that definitely works, I will see if this program works for me at all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the fact that it's telling me that the bios in not implemented and the bios files don't show up when I run the wizard guide makes me think I have a bad copy of the bios. I need I did get both copies from the same site. Because that first part of the error message does change depending in which bios I am running.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am so mad and happy at the same time right now because I was right!!!!!!!!:D :mad: I did have a faulty copy of the bios. I just went and download scph1001.bin from another site, and it was 3 times as large a file as the copy I already had. Now I just need to find a decent copy of scph7502.bin

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Don't worry about scph7502. its not going to be any better than what you've got.
So did the wizard guide work? and Tekken3?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I only want to have 7502 incase something happens to the one I have. Yes, now the wizard guide works. I have not tried Tekken 3 yet. I was not able to borrow the CD from anyone yet. My cousin doesn't want to give me the CD when he is not at home. I guess he is scared I will practice. I wish I had a CD burner; I'd make an ISO.

·
Registered
278 Posts
you don't need a cd burner to make an iso incase you didn't know that.. just use cdrwin to create the iso for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yeah I did know that. I think I was going crazy because I was thinking that CD-R's didn't have as much capacity as a PSX CD. I don't know why I was thinking that. I was gonna put my ISO back onto a CD for back-up purposes. That why mentioned the burner.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Quite often you'll find that an ISO of a PSX CD is 700+Mb even though a PSX CD only holds 650Mb. This is because windows adds some stuff to it. I forget what it adds, but anyway it won't effect your ability to copy an ISO on a 650Mb CDR(if you ever get a CDR drive).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts