Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the greenslot on the top left of picture. I have NO idea what it is or what it's for. And it's certainly an odd place to place an expansion slot.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Seta-San said:
It's the greenslot on the top left of picture. I have NO idea what it is or what it's for. And it's certainly an odd place to place an expansion slot.
Possibly a wi-fi, infra-red or some other custom add-on device?

·
Bip...Bip...
970 Posts
On Gigabyte mobos you can add (as option) a complementary Power Suply regulator board. This one allow better voltages stability for an overclocked CPU.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
That's a whole lotta RAM slots! :eek: Most I've ever seen is 4, but 6?!

The different colors makes me think it's probably an either/or board where it takes 2 types of RAM.

·
band
4,912 Posts
chp is rite. its the famous gigabyte "dual" slot that allows for iirc 6-phase power filtering to ur cpu.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I want that board. :drool:

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
FLaRe85 said:
That's a whole lotta RAM slots! :eek: Most I've ever seen is 4, but 6?!

The different colors makes me think it's probably an either/or board where it takes 2 types of RAM.
To me it looks like all 6 slots are DDR slots. Perhaps the orange ones are to be used for dual channel while the purple ones aren't. That is one nice board though :D. I wish I had one, or at least the dual BIOS feature :p.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
n_w95482 said:
To me it looks like all 6 slots are DDR slots. Perhaps the orange ones are to be used for dual channel while the purple ones aren't. That is one nice board though :D. I wish I had one, or at least the dual BIOS feature :p.
Hehe, or just have taken the time to read :p They are all the same slots so my guess would be ddr aswell.

Anyone have a price for this board?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
n_w95482 said:
I wish I had one, or at least the dual BIOS feature :p.
well maybe you shouldnt screw up your BIOS in the first place and then you wouldnt need a dual one :p

seta-san: what model mobo is it? i'm interested to look it up online....

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
i know, but we cant stop picking on you for it :p

you made an assumption, a totally normal/natural thing for someone to do...but it kinda backfired and you got rammed up the butt for it :p

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
hushypushy said:
i know, but we cant stop picking on you for it :p

you made an assumption, a totally normal/natural thing for someone to do...but it kinda backfired and you got rammed up the butt for it :p
So true :lol:. Ah well, I guess you live and learn :p. I'll just have to send an e-mail to Abit telling them how misleading that part of their site is.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GBT K8NSNXP NFORCE3 ULTRA SK-939

$248.00

btw thanks for replys

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Then, an integral part of the bundle for Gigabyte K8NSNXP is the DPS module which is aimed at upgrading the power supply module (for details, read the "Overclocking and stability" section).

That's from the review here

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I thought Socket 939 didn't have that gap in the middle of the socket and the northbridge fan says "P4 Titan".

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
hmm, kane, in the review you posted, it doesnt look the same as the picture seta-san posted...the alignment of the board is different...oh well it could just be because they were all test copies, no biggie :p

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
didnt you noticed that one is a PIV mobo and the K8NSNXP is for athlon 64/fx?, just look at the socket and you will notice the difference, also the northbrigde position on athlon's mobo is diferent, that why the are incompatible with the up comming BTX standard.

·
Study>Bton/Live>Bmore
1,353 Posts
Hmm I always wondered how it is that Gigabyte boards are always loaded with features to make them "more stable" and yet they always overclock average or below average. Just a thought :p Btw has anyone checked out the DFI UTNF3? :drool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts