Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished this game about an hour ago and I read up on the extras @ gamefaqs but I do NOT want to go through 70+ levels of a building to get an ending that is supposedly only text. So can anyone just tell me what the ending is? I searched the web with no results and its driving me crazy. If you remember what was said, do tell. The more specific the better, I just want to know. Or even better, does anyone have an ePSXe save state just before the ending starts?

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
yup...
same problem here, if maybe any caricative send me a savestate or a memcard

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
I highly recommend that you play the Crysler building. I found it to be one of the most rewarding parts of the game (mainly due to the kick-ass weapons and armour). It might take a while to accomplish but it's a lot more challenging than the normal game, since there are no save points and the bosses are incredibly tough. It kinda makes up for the shortness of the game.

--SPOILER--
EX Ending
I may post the actual conversation and some screen shots later but this is basically what happens. If you don't want to know or want to figure it out youself then do not read the text below.

Aya confronts the true Eve at the top of the Crysler building. The true/original Eve (if you haven't figured it out) is Aya's sister, Maya! (or more accurately her Mitochondria; they had completely dominated her nucleus well before the car accident) And she didn't die from the car accident but simply went into hibernation on top of the Crysler building (waiting for the right time to emerge). The Melissa Eve was simply a pawn of the true Eve with only a mere fraction of her true powers. Eve hid herself away and only emerged when the Melissa Eve failed. In an act of cruelty Eve allows Maya's human consciousness to resurface for a moment, allowing Aya to talk with her long lost sister before taking control again and attacking her. (The true form of Eve is that of Aya's final PE "Liberate")

After the battle Eve is defeated (assuming you won) when Aya feels a burning sensation within her. A voice emerges from her body (or in her mind) and Eve awakens within her and begins to take her over. (This explains Aya's PE abilities; Aya is immune to Eve's powers because she is Eve) This is the most evolved form of Eve, more advanced than the Melissa Eve or the Maya Eve. As the screen darkens suddenly Aya hears the voice of Maya. She intervenes, rejecting the foreign influence ("This is Aya and my house") and pushes Eve back into unconsciousness. Aya realizes that Maya had been with her all along (the eye transplant) and had been protecting her. Eve is defeated and the day is won.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the ending. Very interesting, but unfortunately I didn't find the game to be very fun... well actually that wouldn't be very fair. It was fun and interesting but the game engine could use a lot of tweaking. It'd be too tedious for me to go through 70+ floors with Aya running at her pace.

If you could post some screens or a savesate that would be great as well. Thanks again!

BTW Demi, what did you think of the game overall?

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
http://www.geocities.com/gouboy79/PE.zip - Right click and save
The file includes a save state of PE in the Crysler building (76th floor, just go up the stairs to meet Eve) and also a memory card with a PE save on it. To get to Eve from the memory card save, load it up and get out of the police station. Then go to the Crysler building and use the elevator to get to the 70th floor. Find the stairs leading up (It's a big room; I believe it's two screens to the right and up), then follow the stairs up to the 77th floor.

The save state was made with Pete's OpenGL plug-in 1.55 (800x600x16, Max Textures, Standard filtering + smoothed Sprites)and Eternal SPU 1.10

I found the game to be pretty good, although it was rather short and the background graphics were dull. It had a lot of interesting things in it, like the bonus points system and how you could assemble weapons and armour, and let's not forget the FMVs. I liked the scientific tone of the game as well and I dare say I learned a few things from the game:). The real-time battle system was designed well; I like how you can dodge attacks and stuff. The Crysler building was a neat side quest as well (check out my weapon and armour, as well as the super toolbox[move parameters from weapons and armour infinitely]). It's not the best RPG I've played but overall it was quite enjoyable.

P.S. If you have any trouble beating Eve refer to the strategies at gamefaqs or drop me a line (e-mail or PM)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by FireGL
is this game the same as the first one the battle system to be exact.... like vagrant story
Parasite Eve was the first game I've seen the system used in.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
FireGL, PE Ex is a mode you can get when you finish Parasite eve.. same battle system, just added a new stage at the chrysler.. is this what you where asking for? :)

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
no i mean the pe2 battle system not just the pe ex (the one that when you fight the enemy there is a circular line then you will choose the attack u made ) not like Resident evil series you fight in real time

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
ohh, if its PE2 you were asking about, then no.. the battle system for PE2 is not turn based, but you get to fight anything and everything at the same time, you chose/make your actions while the enemy is kicking your ass.. of course, when fighting multiple enemies you can change your target as well..

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
That ending was pretty interesting. Does anyone know the name of the new song played during those credits (for the Parasite Eve EX mode ending)? Never mind, I tracked it down. :) Such a beautiful song...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts